Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started with Blyth Spartans in 06/07 -- bottom division and no expectations -- and went on a free transfer spree. But the best player has been Blyth lifer Robert Dale, who's helped me compete in the Conference North. Late in 2009, picked up Gary Holt -- that's right, Scotland fans; that Gary Holt -- and he helped anchor in the DM role of my 3-4-3 diamond formation. Finished 4th in 09/10, then made the playoff final thanks to penalties over archrival Gateshead. Faced Scarborough in Elland Road for the playoff final, and on an injury time goal by Tes Bramble, we're going to the Conference.

Where we finish dead last on 24 points from 46. :(

So now I'm back down and in a position where the fans and board think we can win it all, and the media has us 4th in their preseason poll. I'm very close to searching for new jobs, but I doubt anyone would hire me -- I'm still considered "Unproven". WTF?

Yeah, mine is always way low down as well.

My ambition stat is IMPOSSIBLE to increase. I won THREE back to back promotions with AFC Wimbledon, released press statements about how we were gonna win all the time, etc and I think I had a '2' for ambition? Eh?

Unless that means personal ambition, as in I didn't want to take a load of shit jobs overseas even though I would have been paid better, etc.

Drew two, lost two and now I'm down 7 spots in the League. I just wish my strikers could be more consistent. They get chances, and I mean A LOT of chances, as my att midfielders have very good crossing, so does my central midfielder, yet they miss EVERY HEADER. Except one of them, who has like 6 heading and scores once in a while. And my best player, Barker, who's supposed to be the greatest player on the team, went on a 32 hour goal drought, scored once, and now is back in a goal draught.

Good thing the transfer window is open again, even if most strikers are crap or get paid over 1.5k a week(in US dollars). Anyway, I managed to get more room for wages by giving my overpaid defender a new contract, so he gets paid $1k less now.

I'm about 10 points away from relegation danger, so I'm not too worried...yet...

Right, FA Cup 4th round, Birmingham City (me) Vs. Fulham, Fulham's are chosen as the favourites because they are in the Premiership and I'm in the Championship.

We draw the match 2-2, coming back from 2-0 down and even getting the equaliser from the last kick of the game, and we go to the Reply.

I go 1-0 down, but in the second half i equalise, 1-1, bearing in mind during the course of the match I lost Damien Johnson and David Dunn to injury, and now we're going into extra time.

Cameron Jerome scores his second of the night to put me 2-1 up, I'm thinking "Get in there!"...until they equalise with the lastkick of extra time, and i can't believe the irony.

We go to penalties and lose 2-1.

Only word to describe it really is 'Gutted'.

Just had an eventful two seasons...

Started in Wales as Airbus (easily the worst team in the Welsh Premiership, which says a lot). Got them to fifth, miraculously. Got bored half way through the second season, so decided to see what "Welsh Miracle Worker" would translate to in English.

Gainsborough Trinity was the answer. Bottom of the Conference North and with no hope of salvation. Until I signed James Hunt. One unbeaten run later (tarnished only twice towards the end, although one of those was to the team bottom of the league (and relegated with NINE games to go...) and Hunt was suspended for it), and we're 15th and in the FA Trophy Final.

So off we go to Wembly, having pulled off two miraculous relegation escapes in succession (I'm becoming a bit of a Harry Redknapp it seems). We held them to a goalless draw despite two key injuries (but we still had the One Man Team in defensive midfield, so it was all good). Ended up losing on penalties when we failed to score a single one, despite our keeper saving three. Yep, even Hunt missed. Gah.

Meh, there's always next season.

Oh, and in a bittersweet turn of events, both Rovers and City won their respective divisions. Rovers signed Don Hutchison, who proceeded to anhialiate League Two (with ample help from Lambert). Their goal difference was like, 5, because they won most games 2-1 or 3-2 (because they fired Hunt, so had one half-decent defender).

Edited by Farmer Reil

ONCE AFTER SPENDING ABOUT 19 HOURS STRAIGHT PLAYIN UNBEATEN THROUGH THE WHOLE OF THE SEASON AND LOST THE FINAL GAME TO LOSE THE TITAL SO I PIKED MY MONITOR UP AND THREW IT AT A WINDOW OF COURSE WINDOW SMASHED AND MONITER WAS ROKE