Football Manager 2007

Dan

Guest Zeokage
Nah, it wasn't used there. Sweden would be top if it was. Rankings would help me feel a little less screwed over than the basis of alphabet, I'll admit.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok guys, help me, i am terrible at this game but still managed to get wolfhampton to the first league.

this is my tam, how should i play, who do i need tos ell (i know it´s to manny guys) and so on :-X

def states

matzwolfdeffk7.th.jpg

off states

matzwolfoffxg2.th.jpg

i always think i sign good players but the computer coaches keep them of the field wen i ask who should play. (i try to do it myself but sometimes i ask them to see how different they´ed aproache. sometimes i feel like they but them on the pitch by value o.O so i am pritty lost)

i am playing 4-4-2 attacking (might be a bit silly wen you just promoted and got season odds of 1:2000 ((i only made it up becaus of the playoff system)

:unsure:

edit, season already started, but i have more than 2million € left to invest in january. sugestions on what to get?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

There's a sorting option for a reason. And it depends where players play.

A defender with 18 first touch and 20 finishing is useless. Retrain him to be a striker, and so on. Use the filter on the right to show only goalkeepers, then choose the best (by handling, reflexes, and other vital GK stats). That's how I work it out. I also keep any youths until they're 23, but if they reach 24 and they're not even on the subs' bench then they're transfer listed and on the way out.

Guest Zeokage

Does the number of coaches you have affect their effectiveness? Like if I have 1 coach for coaching one specific thing (shooting, whatever) with 5 stars. Does the fact that he's got 20-odd players all to himself make a difference from if I had 2 or 3 coaches for that one group?

Does the number of coaches you have affect their effectiveness? Like if I have 1 coach for coaching one specific thing (shooting, whatever) with 5 stars. Does the fact that he's got 20-odd players all to himself make a difference from if I had 2 or 3 coaches for that one group?

I've only ever had 1 coach per training group (minimum 5 stars though - 20 technical skill coahes are a god send) and it always manages to turn my promising youngsters into world beaters (or profit (Y) ).

I'd like to add to that question as well as I'm about to look at the contracts of my current crop of coaches in my FM2006 (yeah, I know, technically the wrong game) file.

Also, I'm playing as Northwich Victoria in the first season in the Nationwide North division, so the only training schedules I can make are part-time. What do you guys do for those?

These never got answered...

Same as full time, I set up separate regimes for defenders , def midfield, att midfield and strikers, just lower the intensiveness to cope with only part time coaches... and go full time ASAP.

Edited by gazzpriest

There's a sorting option for a reason. And it depends where players play.

A defender with 18 first touch and 20 finishing is useless. Retrain him to be a striker, and so on. Use the filter on the right to show only goalkeepers, then choose the best (by handling, reflexes, and other vital GK stats). That's how I work it out. I also keep any youths until they're 23, but if they reach 24 and they're not even on the subs' bench then they're transfer listed and on the way out.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

For defenders, marking and tackling are obviously the most important ones, but you'll also want to look for strength, concentration and heading (preferably for at least one, if not both of your CB's). Acceleration is extremely useful as well, especially if you want to utilise your full-backs by setting the defence to Push Up.

Guest Zeokage

I'd like to add to that question as well as I'm about to look at the contracts of my current crop of coaches in my FM2006 (yeah, I know, technically the wrong game) file.

Also, I'm playing as Northwich Victoria in the first season in the Nationwide North division, so the only training schedules I can make are part-time. What do you guys do for those?

These never got answered...

Same as full time, I set up separate regimes for defenders , def midfield, att midfield and strikers, just lower the intensiveness to cope with only part time coaches... and go full time ASAP.

Take note of the betting odds in the fixtures screen. Also, home and away plays a part too.

For example, don't be too harsh on players if they lose an away game that the bookies say you never had a chance in. However, if they lose a home game you were dead certs to win, go apeshit :P

As a general rule, *never* get angry with your players at an away game, unless they've completely fallen apart against a seriously easy team. Conversely, don't praise them too highly at home unless they really deserve it. Winning 5-0 at home against Watford when you're Manchester United isn't worthy of being "delighted" with the entire team.

You should only really be 'sympathising' with your team if you lose an away match you never had a chance to win. And even then, don't sympathise if you lost 8-0 ¬_¬ But be a bit softer on them when away. Also, never be negative after an away win, no matter how badly they played.

As for singling out players, I only ever do it if they've got more than 2 ratings points above *everyone* else. For example, if someone plays a 10 and everyone else plays a 7 or an 8, I'll single the 10 out and congratulate him. If two get 10's, I'll single them both out, but not more than three. Same for being angry with them individually too, two points below everyone else, not more than three.

Oh, and never, EVER, EVER EVER choose "None", unless they've been absolutely fucking embarrasing. That's the worst thing you could possibly do (especially at half time!). However, if they have been utterly dire, not even bothering to go to the dressing room at half time *can* work wonders. It's very risky though.

Generally, you won't be going outside the middle three options an awful lot (except pre-match). The middle three being the mildy negative one, the neutral one, and the midly positive one, depending on which team talk it is. Pre-match doesn't count, because it's not arranged in the same way. I use 'Wish the team luck' a lot before away games with Bristol Rovers, because most teams in the league are odds-on to beat us ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

i just don´t know what states to look for and how my players compare to the rest of the gameworld. For example, is it ok to use someone that is 20 in corners but not that god with the rest god becaus it might cause more goals? (same with good headers that have no great skills otherwise)

It might be bollocks to you, but it's not bollocks to AI managers and players, or your chairman :P

If a team is odds-on to beat you, they'll try way harder to do so. So all you have to do is sit back and wait for a chance to counter-attack. If you sit back and wait for a chance to counter-attack against someone the bookies think you'll whitewash, you'll be sorely dissapointed because they'll be defending for their lives :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

It might be bollocks to you, but it's not bollocks to AI managers and players, or your chairman :P

If a team is odds-on to beat you, they'll try way harder to do so. So all you have to do is sit back and wait for a chance to counter-attack. If you sit back and wait for a chance to counter-attack against someone the bookies think you'll whitewash, you'll be sorely dissapointed because they'll be defending for their lives :P