Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished my 2011-2012 season with Barnet in the Championship. Was the first crack at it and I have a young team so I was pegged to finish 24th and for good portions of the middle of the season it looked like that would be what happened. David Martin could stay healthy if I wanted him to, so Rob Burch resumed his position and play ace in the last two+ months when we went on a sick run of form to stay up. From March on our record was 5 wins, 3 draws, and 2 losses. Ended up staying up by a point with Coventry, Rushden, and Wolves going down. Was frustrating because we were a mid table team goals wise but we allowed the most in the league. Anyway signed a couple ex-Chelsea defenders in the offseason and got Lee Miller on a free who I'm hoping can be a consistant goal scorer because besides Tom Craddock, I've struggled to find another striker who finds the back of the net more than once every 2 months. Also I was losing money like no other even though I was way under budget to the mysterious 'Other'. My chairman decided to take out a loan for like 4.3 million pounds and then begin construction to add an extra 9000+ seats to my 5000 seat(only 2000 of which were actually seated) stadium so apparently I'm ground sharing at Loftus until February 2013.

Finished second in my second season with Atlético - 1 point behind Barca :(

Also won the UEFA cup :)

| Pkd | Inf | Name | Position |

| GK | Inj | Leo Franco | GK |

| DL | Wnt | Antonio López | D/WB L |

| DC | Wnt | Mikel González | D C |

| DC | | Joris Mathijsen | D LC |

| DMC | | Nigel de Jong | DM |

| MR | Wnt | Mauro Camoranesi | AM R |

| ML | Tut | Martin Petrov | AM L, ST |

| MC | Wnt | José Manuel Jurado | AM C |

| FC | | David Suazo | AM RLC, F C |

| FC | Inj | Sergio Agüero | AM/F C |

| S1 | Inj | Gabriele Ferla | GK |

| S2 | Wnt | Giourkas Seitaridis| D/WB/M R |

| S3 | Wnt | Peter Luccin | DM |

| S4 | | Mista | ST |

| S5 | Wnt | Zé Castro | D C |

| S6 | | Gabi | M C |

| S7 | | Joseba Llorente | ST |

| - | Bid | Falcón | GK |

| - | | Lino Marzoratti | D RC |

| - | Wnt | Matthew Taylor | D RL, WB/AM L |

| - | Slt | Tom Taiwo | DM |

| - | Ret | Luis Figo | AM RL |

| - | Wnt | Francis | AM C |

Edited by Dan

As we've established, Tom Taiwo sucks on my game >_< Gonna post a league shortly with all the final positions :)

EDIT: leaguegd1.jpg

Slight constrast to finishing 16th, that's for sure, UEFA Cup next year. I was sweating because it originally said Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham and Aston Villa were in the UEFA Cup, with Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool in the Champions League. However, when Arsenal beat Roma 3-1 in the Champions League final I secured that UEFA Cup spot.

Aston Villa won the UEFA Cup, beating Barcelona on penalties in the final. Barcelona finished 15th in La Liga, I still chuckle about it now. They were 19th and fighting for their lives at one point, but it was always like 3 points adrift even then so it was easily reversible.

I'm really looking forward to the challenge of Europe with my Blackburn squad. Just hoping I don't get an Ajax or Sporting in the qualifying rounds or anything like that. Next year I want to push for Champions League perhaps, but we'll have to see how the season pans out. As you can see it was all insanely tight, a few losses here and there would have killed me!

However, I'm almost in tears because of the fact I played Wigan a few games before the end, and we drew 1-1. They equalised through an 88th minute penalty. When I voiced my anger the FA were silent, turns out I had every reason to be aggrieved. Little did I know that that little mishap would cost me a Champions League spot.

Edited by IAceI

Dan, you appear to be lacking a right back :S

This is my Aston Villa side, from a Network game. Players in bold are ones I bought, the rest I inherited

[GK] Lobont

[GK] Weidenfeller

[DC] Rio Ferdinand

[DC] Kompany

[DC] Ridgewell

[DC] Laursen

[DL/WBL] Pasqual

[DR/WBR] Barragan

[DRL] Chimbonda

[DC/DM] Maduro

[DM] Carrick

[MC] Osbourne

[MC] Davis

[DM/AMRC] Petrov

[DL/MLC] Barry

[AMRC] Gourcuff

[AMRLC] Skjelbred

[AMR/FC] Walcott

[sT] Fernando Llorente

[sT] Moore

[sT] Shevchenko

After that I have a few youngsters that I call up for cup games. I think I still have Linvoy Primus knocking around somewhere too.

I still have tons of money left, and I'm not sure what to do with it. That team is second in the league and playing well, so I don't really want to tinker with it too much. I want a left winger to replace Barry, and a better (younger) centre back to replace Laursen who wants out because I never play him.

Edited by Javelin Fangs

What the fuck? I just lost to Barnsley. League One Barnsley. That's the most embarrassing loss I've ever had. I should've trounced them. How is that even possible? It doesn't make any sense at all. I don't care if they had the most well-thought out formation ever, I just beat Reading 5-0, surely my team has enough quality to see of League One Barnsley? Ugh.

How successful are you at selling your players for either somewhere near, or more than their estimated value?

Myself, I'm absolutely terrible, I can't seem to sell anyone on more than a free.

Edited by Kanegetshighbysmellinhisarmpits

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. I've tried shifting Sinama-Pongolle and Crouch for two or three seasons now, and nobody wants them, not even when I go down as low as 1m. With Kuyt I came close, but he couldn't agree to a contract with any other clubs, presumably because their finances weren't as good as mine. Bellamy was another as well, nobody wanted him for any price.

In fact, I've only sold four players for their estimated value or above out of everybody who's left. Xabi Alonso went to Milan for 11.75m, and he's now worth about 17m, but he never played well for me. Jack Hobbs went to Arsenal for 3.5m, which he's not worth yet, but almost certainly will be in the future. I made the price so low because I included a 50% sell-on clause, which I'm hoping will get me an extra 4 or 5 million at the least, at the price defenders go at on this game. Antonio Barragan went to Barcelona for 8m and a 25% sell-on clause when he was only worth 2 or 3 million, and Gabriel Paletta is my best sell ever, I made 14.5m on his estimated value of 2m, selling him for 16.5m.

But on the whole, I find it hard to shift my players, yeah.

I hate my fucking keeper. He's got 6 clean sheets in 36 games. That's 30 fucking games picking balls out of the net. He also seems to be glued to the goal line. And he can't teleport from the penalty spot to a post to save a goal like Lehmann does. I don't see anything too bad on his stats, and his eccentrity is 1. He sucks so much he has devalued from $9.5m to $7.5m. And his face is ugly too. >_>

shit.jpg

I blame him for the team getting knocked out from the UEFA cup. Seriously, how the fuck can't you catch a fucking 40 yard shot coming right at you. I also blame Agbonlador for screwing up around 6 shots on the first leg, but I at least he's been better overall.

Luckily, on the league my strikers aren't doing badly, so that almost makes up for his shitty goalkeeping.

1 in 3 is an awesome amount of clean sheets for a team like Aston Villa. Look at your defence like TheArsenal said, and check the rest of your players are actually doing some work too, you can't just leave everything to Craig.

Is there a stat that determines whether a player will do well when tutoring a youngster? It always seems to be random, I thought it might be influence by I've had players with 18 influence not getting on with the player, but then others with 8 or 9 in influence doing really well.

Yeah, their personality has more of an effect than their influence stat, but it's still fairly random.

Except for Robin van Persie...he can't tutor anyone, he seems to piss everyone off. I tried to have him tutor Nacer Barazite and despite having the same personality, they had a falling out.

Holy shit. After the bollocking I gave my team when we lost to Braintree, we seem to have picked up a bit.

From 16th in January... to 4th. Won 8 of the last 10. Unbeaten since we lost to Braintree in February. 8 goals in the last three games (only conceded 1, which is hurtful to our finances considering Clapham's huge cleen sheet bonus :P).

Three games left:

3togo.png

Basingstoke away, Weymouth away, Hayes at home. C'mon you yellow-and-greens!~

Edit: Bah, Basingstoke beat us 2-1. Luckily, all the other teams able to overtake us drew or lost, so we're still 4th.

Edited by Farmer Reil