Football Manager 2007

Dan

I've always struggled to manage a club in FM 2007. I've got no trouble running a wealthy club or a nation, but when it comes to coaching a club side to anything other than mediocrity - I struggle. Anyone got any pointers, however obvious, for running a low level club?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess you guys are right. I'm probably asking for too much considering my best defender is just about decent. So I went and bought Petri Pasanen from Bremen and he gets sent off AND makes a mistake leading to a goal on his first game. >_>

Now I've got a new player to pick on. :P

Edited by estebanmon

Weymouth 0 - 4 Thurrock.

Fuck yes. All in the first half, too...

So, there are still five teams that can steal my playoff spot, but all I've got to do is beat Hayes... Even a draw would be enough...

Edit:

Thurrock 3 - 0 Hayes.

Giving us a third place finish (from a media prediction of 21st) and a playoff place. Get in!

Scored 83 goals, more than anyone else other than champions Stevenage. But conceded 63.

Edit:

1-0 in each leg means we're going to Wembley~! To play Tamworth~!

WTF? We're not going to Wembley, we're going to the fucking Glyn Hopkin Stadium. Fuck Dagenham, we've been robbed :(

Edit again:

Woah.png

I.... I... I... I'm going over here to sit down and drink some water. I... holy fucking shit. That was. Woah. Look at the times of the goals.

Fuck me. We did a Rovers. But with 110% more stress and tension.

Woah, I finally achieved something on FM ¬_¬

I usually play quite an attacking 4-3-3. The last half an hour of that game was All Out Attack, 3-3-4 (I took off a central defender and put Francis Green on, so I had a right back, a left back and one DC...). Every time they got the ball, you could see little brown pixels being emitted from behind my lone DC and keeper ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

Sadly my PC is being a bitch of late so I can't carry on my epic AFC Wimbledon game.

Shunted them up to the Conference South at the start of the game, won that, the Conference, League Two and League One back to back, mainly thanks to securing the signatures of Kevin Davies and Antoine Sibierski. Always a good tip for lower league clubs, get in a strong target man, good jumping, good heading, high strength, in the lower leagues they will destroy everything. Try and get a cheap striker who has pace, finishing and composure, even if everything else sucks balls.

Got into the Championship, started off really well, winning more away than at home, that changed around, and was riding high, but the team hit a real low in the middle of the season. Managed to steer the team to 5th (behind Everton, Blackburn, Birmingham and West Brom) got West Brom in the playoffs and managed to sneak a 1-0 win over the two legs and then beat Derby 2-0 in the final to get into the Premiership!

Ended up with a ton of cash, bought some good young players and loads of good free transfers (Ivan Pelizzoli in goal on a free was pretty amazing) and bought this guy called Ferdinando Sforzini from Modena. Shit stats, but perfect for a target man, ended up with 20 goals in the season, and I managed to finish 4th!

So basically I'm into my second season in the Premiership and I'm in the Champions League, had an alright start to the season, currently sixth in the league, got a new stadium being built and get to play Bayern Munich and Valencia in the Champions League. Beat Bayern at home after their Keeper got sent off and they'd already used 3 subs :D

Will be getting back into it soon, my aim is to win the title within five years, but at the moment I've got quite an old squad and only 6 million to spend.

So I've hit my seasonly bad patch of form, and I decided it was probably best I stopped playing. The last game I played was a 1-0 loss to West Ham. Bent got sent off after 8 minutes for a two-footed tackle, and then Gerrard hit somebody with a right hook. 1-0 isn't bad considering my team played like shit and I finished with nine men.

I fined Gerrard for two weeks and he felt it was unfair <_<, so I've decided his attitude just isn't on, and I fined him for unprofessional conduct and violent conduct as well. I offered him to clubs for 20m but none of them were interested, and I don't want to go much lower so I probably won't. I've put a bid in for Fabregas and if I don't get him I may chase De Rossi.

I think it'll make the game more fun if I make my own persona as a tough bastard, Alex Ferguson style :shifty:

I hate Leeds and Sunderland. In the first season they finished 1st and 2nd respectively in the Championship, then in the second season they finished 20th and 19th in the Premiership. Then they finished 1st and 2nd in the Championship the season after, and went back down, finishing 20th and 19th in the fourth season. Now in the fifth season they're 1st and 2nd in the Championship again, and they'll get promoted and make things boring again :@

Fullham have an outside chance of finishing 2nd, but Paul Ince has just taken over because Paul Jewell buggered off to Sheffield United, and Ince is shit so they won't manage it. On the bright side, Newcastle could still go down into League One, which would be awesome. Titus Bramble is the only member of their original squad they've managed to keep.

On the bright side, Newcastle could still go down into League One, which would be awesome. Titus Bramble is the only member of their original squad they've managed to keep.

The answer as to why is in there somewhere.

Guest Ringo Masterson

Holy shit, I issued the Blackburn board an ultimatum and they didn't sack me!

I wish they had though, because I want to leave without resigning 'cause I've won everything :shifty:

Time to try another.

This season rocks! I'm 4th at the moment with 5 games to go, fighting with Liverpool(1 point behind me) and Spurs(5 points behind with a game in hand) for that last Champions League spot, as Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are over 10 points ahead of me.

I also love my strikers. All of them except Carew. Owen's scored about 15 goals and is worth $22m. Moore's scored 18 and is worth $21m. Delgado's has somewhere between 10 and 15 and is worth $18m, and Abghonlador has scored 5 in like 6 games and is worth $11m already. :D

And I looked at my profile and my hands-on approach is at 13.

Just got the game today and I'm trying to part exchange Ian Moore for this Mexican defender, and the guy's agent says they're interested but I can't pick him as a part exchange option, though I have been before. Any idea why?