Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's be fair though - it IS Chelsea.

It's a case however, I find, of gelling. If you constantly change tactics, it doesn't give the team time enough to find their style or work well together. Leave it as it is though and they begin to gel and understand each other.

Why do clubs take so long to make decisions? I've been waiting on Chelsea to accept my Carvalho bid for over 2 weeks, and if I put a limit they reject right away.

At least I managed to get Abbondanzieri for $2.6m from Everton, which is pretty cheap for his quality. He'll be a good backup. Cudicini left for $425k, having conceded over 1 goal per appearance.

I keep getting bombarded with offers for my turkish wonderkid. Now he's all stressed and unsettled. Hopefully he won't play shit like Young does when he gets stressed. >_>

Why do clubs take so long to make decisions? I've been waiting on Chelsea to accept my Carvalho bid for over 2 weeks, and if I put a limit they reject right away.

They're stalling because they don't want to sell. Feyenoord did that to me with Jonathan de Guzmán only yesterday.

Edited by stokeriño

I've heard people say you're supposed to play the opposite to what the other team plays? So if they play short, you play direct etc... and that worked for me for a while, but as soon as I face a team who "don't play a particular passing style and like to mix it up", I lose :shifty:

I'm sure this has been asked at least 50 times in this very long thread, but meh. Don't hate me because I'm super-saucy.

Right now, is this one worth buying? I sold a lot of games recently in order to fund my ability to eat, my PS2 management sims included, and now that I'm earning money again I do rather want something back. Apparently, FM is the very definition of management sim awesomeness, so is it worth me getting it now? Apparently there's a new one coming out soon, but I've not heard much on that front in a while.

And, are the specifications particularly taxing? Will my was-top-of-the-line-in-summer-2005-when-I-got-it laptop be able to cope?

I'm sure this has been asked at least 50 times in this very long thread, but meh. Don't hate me because I'm super-saucy.

Right now, is this one worth buying? I sold a lot of games recently in order to fund my ability to eat, my PS2 management sims included, and now that I'm earning money again I do rather want something back. Apparently, FM is the very definition of management sim awesomeness, so is it worth me getting it now? Apparently there's a new one coming out soon, but I've not heard much on that front in a while.

And, are the specifications particularly taxing? Will my was-top-of-the-line-in-summer-2005-when-I-got-it laptop be able to cope?

It's a case however, I find, of gelling. If you constantly change tactics, it doesn't give the team time enough to find their style or work well together. Leave it as it is though and they begin to gel and understand each other.

I find that's not a problem if you fiddle with individual instructions as well. I change my tactics almost every game, especially with my midfield. I've never found gelling to be a problem.

I take it you never brought Lampard to Merseyside then?

I think that question was asked and answered a couple pages ago. I'd probably wait till October to get the new one.

As for specifications, I got my laptop in 04 or 05 and have been using it ever since for FM. I've only been running about 3 nations though, so it depends how many leagues you want to run. If your computer was top-of-the-line (mine wasn't, quite) then you should be more than fine to run a decent amount of leagues.

Edited by Scott McFly

I find that's not a problem if you fiddle with individual instructions as well. I change my tactics almost every game, especially with my midfield. I've never found gelling to be a problem.

Now I'm the manager of Nigeria. Time to get this losers their first world cup. As long as we don't play with Chile, 'cause then Nigeria would get creamed 4-0 like the under-20's. >_>

Why is it so hard to get a well known player? I basically got what I needed on frees. I don't feel like spending $10m on a player I don't even need.

Also, what's up with defenders? I'm at 2010 and it seems all good defenders and prospects are already at big clubs. My best defender is decent for a premiership side. Hopefully all 3 of my prospects become good quickly...

EDIT: Now magically the board don't want a big name signing. >_>

Chelsea are offering me $825k, Shevchenko and Craig Gordon for Ashley Young. As if I'd want that shit keeper back. Sheva would be nice though.

Edited by estebanmon