Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone worked out how to criticise the referee yet? just played an old firm game where the ref went crazy with bookings but even then I still won 1-0 and love this game to bits :wub:

You can only criticise the refs if there is a contentious decision, and the media asks you what you think.

If I was Khan, I'd probably feel a bit of a twat being the ONLY ONE of thousands of footballers who isn't in the game (out of the box at least) :P

As for the injuries, I can't say I've had a "buggy" amount. At least, not so many that I couldn't feild a decent, if weakened, team. As Bristol Rovers.

Still haven't had any players from Reading (but I have loaned one "manually" from them)

. Loaned in a striker from Argyle too, and he's owning face.

I just love everything that's been added to the game. It brings so much awesome (although like all features, will probably lose their novelty value after a few months play). And the feedback on team talks is awesome, so that you can see how each player reacts. Although I need to figure out why players aren't listening to me ¬_¬ I think it's because I'm telling them stuff they already know (being "Thrilled" when we knocked Colchester out of the cup 3-2 after going 2-0 down, for instance).

However, Ian Holloway praising my players every time they put in a half-decent performance is kind of annoying (especially as two of them are his :P).

Edited by Cap'n Jean-Luc Picaaaarghd

Although I need to figure out why players aren't listening to me

I figured that if your a no-name manager and there a premiership star or whatever, they are not going to listen to you, once you get to a Fergie level, then you can give them the hairdryer! :P

BWAHAHA

Love the commentary additions, including:

Collins John went and scored a goal, went off to celebrate, went to take his top off.....but looked around and saw the ref, and thought better of it.

Genius.

Although I need to figure out why players aren't listening to me

I figured that if your a no-name manager and there a premiership star or whatever, they are not going to listen to you, once you get to a Fergie level, then you can give them the hairdryer! :P

Yeah, it's one of those things which makes it feel much more realistic. Almost making you start out with a lower league squad now.

Keep Davies. He went off to Villarreal for like £8m after a year. (Y)

I love the rich list, and takeovers. It is just one fantastically awesome game. I have a few problems though. The amount of injuries is beyond a joke. I have like 12 fucking players out before the start of the season. Lucky enough we haven't been beat, we've managed to draw all three games with a few youth players in the team.

I was offered the job to manage Australia for the Asian Cup. Pretty random choice, I was quite taken back. I accepted, and brought them to the quarter finals, where we were beat 3-1 by Iran. I resigned.

I've a good squad. I managed to get Warnock back on loan for the season, beating Celtic to his signature, and I've brought in Zebina for £2.2m from Juventus, the only thing is he keeps getting injured. <_<

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest Tequilla Rockin' Bird

I've just started a game as Villa, I had a bit of a striker crisis through injuries and general crapness so I thought, why spend 5m on a striker when you can get McBride for 90k?

He's outstanding, 4 goals in 4 games so far. Signed him as a stop-gap for a season, hopefully I'll have more funds available in season two.