Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've decided to start a game with Newcastle, because everybody is saying it's a big challenge to manage them. I started the game and damn the team is shite. All players who were once talents or big names, but have managed to screw it up. Martins is suprisingly not great and Luque is just bad, very average. Newcastle's best player is Man Utd's Rossi, 'nuff said. I have 303.000 to buy new players.....and I basically need new players for attack, midfield and defence.

What is it with Everton sucking huge in the game? newly promoted Preston just hammered them 7-0, they forgot to renew Johnsons contract and I swooped in and stole him, Cahill left for Liverpool and Arteta will be leaving when his contract expires...hmm sounds like a challenge.

hmmm well gave up and was having no fun in my weston super mare game so i decided to restart and get my mum to click on randomise and then started the game.

somehow drew Pompey, which with £20million to spend doesn't sound too bad but when im a die hard Saints fan, im leaving the club for the next available job. hopefully might get everton if they are relegated like everyone is saying.

but so far with pompey signed Leroy Lita from Reading for £6 million and seems to be banging away the goals. davis from WBA for £5million and with him and Campbell in the centre of defense im sitting atop the table after 6 games picking up a point at old trafford, hammering bolton 4-0 and also beating liverpool at home 3-2.

great game and loving it.

Okay, I'm 23rd with Sunderland in mid-December, and I really need to bring in some good signings in January, and perhaps clear out some of the crap (season 06/07, btw).

I've got V.Hleb for 110k coming in, which leaves me with roughly 1.9 million to spend. Every area of the team is weak; any ideas? :(

After gaining promotion to the Premiership with WBA, I went looking for a challenge and resigned, to become the East Stirling manager. No money midway through the season and the team not doing so well. I picked up Ian Taylor on a free, Duncun Ferguson on a free, Viera Silva and Scott Shearer on frees and overall now have a side that is capable for challenging for promotion.

I have Celtic as a parent club, however, and they aren't sending me anything and none of their players want to join us, so I need to go up in a hope to make it better for ourselves. Good fun though.

...why your Mum?

she was the only person in the house at the time. anywho just signed Steve Sidwell for £1.4million and scored in his debut against his old club reading. talk about a kick in the teeth.

So much has happend since I got the game.

After finishing second in the conference with Oxford and losing to Exeter, I brought in some quality players such as Marcus Stewart.

Everyone tipped me to win the league but instead, we struggled and in January I was sacked. :(

Anyway, I was jobless for 2 months till Stevenage came in for me so I took over.

Second bottom with only 9 games to go...ouch!

We came within 2 points of staying up but I couldn't do it, and because I only had up to the Conf National on..sacked again!

2 weeks into the new season and I took over and Lewes, after only a month I resigned as the team was awful, in debt and we couldn't even afford a coach.

Then I took over at Leigh RMI and to my horror, it was Lewes mk.2. 15 days in charge was enough for me to clear my desk.

I stayed out of management for a while till I decided I would declare my interest in the Halifax job and then next day Chris Wilder was sacked and they appointed me.

I managed to steer them to a safe mid table place in my first season in charge and now I'm just starting my second season with the shaymen.

Go me.

So much has happend since I got the game.

After finishing second in the conference with Oxford and losing to Exeter, I brought in some quality players such as Marcus Stewart.

Everyone tipped me to win the league but instead, we struggled and in January I was sacked. :(

Anyway, I was jobless for 2 months till Stevenage came in for me so I took over.

Second bottom with only 9 games to go...ouch!

We came within 2 points of staying up but I couldn't do it, and because I only had up to the Conf National on..sacked again!

2 weeks into the new season and I took over and Lewes, after only a month I resigned as the team was awful, in debt and we couldn't even afford a coach.

Then I took over at Leigh RMI and to my horror, it was Lewes mk.2. 15 days in charge was enough for me to clear my desk.

I stayed out of management for a while till I decided I would declare my interest in the Halifax job and then next day Chris Wilder was sacked and they appointed me.

I managed to steer them to a safe mid table place in my first season in charge and now I'm just starting my second season with the shaymen.

Go me.

Got seven players in during the January window, and we're starting to be an alright team:

Vyacheslav Hleb (110k) from MTZ-Ripo

Keith Gillespie (250k) from Sheff Utd

Robbie Fowler (350k) from Liverpool

Allan McGregor (70k) from Rangers

Andreas Johansson (2m) from Wigan

Neil Lennon (100k) from Celtic

Dean Shiels (loan until season's end) from Hibs