Football Manager 2007

Dan

Just finished my first season (as Sheff U). Signed a crap load of players and managed to finish 16th! w00t! Best buy was V.Hleb, easily.

Other notable additions include Pulido, Aliadiere (loan), and Almunia.

Best result of the season was winning 2-1 at home to Chelsea.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...why your Mum?

Oh, and that network thing seems workable to me. We should probably get a list of who's available and when then? Yes?

I'm available most weeknights 5:30pm-midnight, and Sundays from about 9am-midnight.

I started a game with Bristol Rovers, brought in three good players who I can't remember and after the first ten games of the season i'm linked to the Norwich job :blink:

I've been unbeaten in nine but thats still funny seeing as I drew 7 and aren't particulary doing amazingly. Who knows? Of course, i've applied for it.

I started a game with Bristol Rovers, brought in three good players who I can't remember and after the first ten games of the season i'm linked to the Norwich job :blink:

I've been unbeaten in nine but thats still funny seeing as I drew 7 and aren't particulary doing amazingly. Who knows? Of course, i've applied for it.

Guest The Bleeding Heart Show of Ringy

Too many red cards in this game <_<.

Hargreaves has been sent off 9 times, and it's February. I just had a game with Porto, finished the game with a 3-2-0 formation. This is just fiendish :@

Aye everyone seems to be moaning about the amount of red cards and injures, red cards being silly especially.

Anyway, I have this LAN program and can't work it so someone set up and organise this network game who isn't me. >_>

No, i'm sure i saw it on earlier versions.

Big Duncun Ferguson has taken us (East Stirling) into SD2 now, but it looks like a struggle, alot of my signings are getting old now, and I can't see them providing the same magic this season. I'll try and establish my side in the league and hopefully can create a side that will push for promotion and then stand a chance of surviving in SD1. A really fun game though.

Bwahahaha, I love this game. With Arsenal I ust knocked Tottenham out of the Carling Cup in the Quarter-Finals with my reserves 2-1, with Adebayor getting both of them and even better still, Tottenham had Didier Zokora, Edgar Davids and Manuel Pasqual all sent off. Twas fantastic

Things are on the up of QPR. After a brilliant start to the second season I had a real bad slump sometime around December to January. I'm now at the beginning of March and have someone managed to climb my way to fourth thanks to some very much needed wins. With 9 games left to go in the season, promotion is no longer a far off dream.

OK. Had a PHENOMINAL first season with Spurs.

Won the league cup (beat West Ham), finished second in the league (and were the only club who even stood a chance of catching chelsea with 10 games to go), Won the UEFA cup (beat Benfica) and won the FA Cup (Beating Man U, and knocking out Liverpool and then Chelsea 6-1 at the Bridge on the way).

Problem was too much fixture congestion towards the end of th season, I ended up playing something like 7 games in the final two weeks, THEN had to play the cup finals. (FA Cup final was especially good, Spurs were counter-attacking all match, we got an early goal from Teemu Tainio, then they equalised through Rooney, it went to extra time and in the 115th minute Tainio pops up to head us the winner!).

Speaking of Rooney I'm also playing as England manager and I'm having some problems. He starts off with a two game suspension (From his world cup sending off). So I left him out of my first two squads. I included him in the next one and was able to play him in a friendly, but for the next competetive game he was suspended (for two games, sending off). I can play him for non-competetive games, but he's always suspended for the qualifyers. Is there some way I can fix this, an editor or something, or will I have to start the game again :(

And out of curiosity: If a player is suspended for an international, do you have to include him in your squad still, or can you leave him out and he'll still serve his ban, being available for the next squad?

Just finished my first season as Charlton and finished 14th, which was a huge struggle. I used a formation with a standard back four, two defensive midfielders, a midfielder pushing forward, two full out wingers and a lone striker.

After the last game of the season Darren Bent demanded to be transfer listed. A deal with Milan was struck for £12 million but it fell through at the last minute and he ended up going to Marseille for £10.5 million. It'll be tough without him as he was the main and really only source for goals.

My only striker now is Marcus Bent, who had a decent season playing off the bench as both Jimmy Flloyd and Kevin Lisbie have both been released. I'm going to have to go out and buy a couple of new strikers although I don't want to spend much so I'll probably use Marcus as my lone striker. I'm looking at bringing Earnshaw in as the main backup/rotation striker if I can get him for around £2 million.

With the sale of Bent I should have a kitty of £14 million this season to bolster the squad which is a hell of a lot better than the £15,000 I had for the whole of last season. The only signings I made last season were Windass for £5k and I brought Danny Murphy back to Charlton after he was released by Spurs 3/4 of the way through the season.

The strangest thing that has happened in my game is Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal to take up the managerial job at Bayern.

I'm currently first with my Liverpool team, in the Semis of the League Cup (to face Blackburn) and in the First Round of the UEFA Cup (qualified to face Getafe).

I'm just a bit worried by the ominous presence of Chelsea just over my shoulder in 2nd place.