The Sports Betting thread

Liam

I don't have a problem, I can stop when I want. .. Although I do go everywhere with a giant floating Ray Winstone head in tow saying "'av a bang on that" now and again, but that's normal, right?

Do you pronounce 'method' with an f in the middle? If not you're fine.

• Admin
The drama that unfolded at Old Trafford on Sunday during the second half of Manchester United's eight-goal thriller with Everton stunned even the most experienced football pundit but, astonishingly, one solitary Sky Bet customer managed to predict both the 4-4 draw and Nikica Jelavic scoring first, landing a 4,000/1 gamble.

The lucky Everton fan, who wishes to remain anonymous, staked £1 on a scorecast bet combining the 4-4 correct score prediction and Jelavic to score first.

Sky Bet believe the Preston man is the only punter in the country to have backed the immensely unlikely outcome.

Speaking of his wonder bet, the Sky Bet customer said: "I just put £1 for a bit of interest on the day. Most people back 2-1, 1-1 and 1-0, which is where all the money goes, but I prefer to bet on the big scores. Pity I didn't put a fiver on!"

Incredulous football fans around the country congratulated the Sky Bet flutterer on Monday after the firm tweeted about his phenomenal wager, trending on Twitter in several UK cities as a result.

The customer, himself a Twitter user, was loathe to reveal his identity, perhaps for fear of being inundated by tip requests!

Sky Bet's Helen Jacob said: "We're gobsmacked that anyone at all managed to call the 4-4 scoreline, let alone get the first scorer right too and we reckon our man must be one of a very select group, if not the only person to have backed the winning scorecast."

Whoevers offering you free stuff. I generally use Ladbrokes, but I've got a Skybet account somewhere solely because of free bets, and if I could be bothered I'd probably have a few more just to find the best odds. There are better advisers on here though, I'm a woeful gambler.

Anyone got an online account? Who is best to set an account up with?

I've got a few (Ladbrokes, Bet365, Sky and another that I cant seem to remember). Personally I prefer Bet365. Them or Ladbrokes I'd go for. (Though as mentioned above, Sky do some decent free bets. I think if you open an account as a first timer you get a free sports bet, 10 quid if I remember correctly)

Acca today of:

Southampton

West Ham

Liverpool

Everton

Swansea

Brom/Villa Draw

Wigan/Newcastle Draw

99/1 if it comes in, confident it wont.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Mine have been terrible recently (bar a small gain last week) so I've gone for the fairly safe bet, of a pound, on Southampton, Swindon, Shrewsbury and the gamble of Newcastle. So none of those teams will win.

SkyBet has £10 completely free for new customers, and some of the others match your first bet with a free one of that value if it doesn't come in.

The only catch with the SkyBet account is you don't get the stake back for the free bet, understandably. So if something's 2/1, you'd pick up the £20 as opposed to £30.

I have an acca on of West Ham, Everton and Newcastle with a view to putting any winnings on Liverpool this evening, but we'll see.

Because thier is a market for it......

Pretty obvious, really.

I recall quite a few bookies getting cleaned out when they had Jericho as outside odds to win the Undisputed Title. They were stupid to have wrestling betting then, and they're stupid to do it now.

But there's nothing to stop people inside the WWE from throwing down 100,000 on someone is there? Ehh, it's not my business so I dont care, but I wouldn't be letting betting occur on things that are pre-determined.