Emo makes it to number 1

DFF

My Chemical Romance top UK chart

Gerard Way

My Chemical Romance have built up a large fanbase via the internet

Punk-pop band My Chemical Romance have scored their first UK number one single with Welcome To The Black Parade.

It is also the first time the US act have even made the UK top ten, with their previous biggest hit I'm Not Okay (I Promise) making number 19 last year.

Welcome To The Black Parade rose from number 23 in last week's chart to displace Razorlight's America.

The Killers' Sam's Town remains the top album, while Sting's Songs From The Labyrinth is the top classical album.

However, their intense, emotional style has not found favour with all rock fans, with the crowd at this year's Reading Festival pelting them with bottles.

Scissor Sisters' I Don't Feel Like Dancin' fell to number three, with French DJ Bob Sinclar's Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now) slipping to number four.

The highest new entry on the album chart was metal band Trivium's The Crusade, which came into the chart at number seven.

Emo has finally taken over the world!!! lol.

Seriously, though, the song is damned catchy. It beats all the ranom pop/dance/'R'n'B' (In inverted commas for a damned reason) crap that usually makes it. Is this the start of a rock revolution!?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Chemical Romance top UK chart

Gerard Way

My Chemical Romance have built up a large fanbase via the internet

Punk-pop band My Chemical Romance have scored their first UK number one single with Welcome To The Black Parade.

It is also the first time the US act have even made the UK top ten, with their previous biggest hit I'm Not Okay (I Promise) making number 19 last year.

Welcome To The Black Parade rose from number 23 in last week's chart to displace Razorlight's America.

The Killers' Sam's Town remains the top album, while Sting's Songs From The Labyrinth is the top classical album.

However, their intense, emotional style has not found favour with all rock fans, with the crowd at this year's Reading Festival pelting them with bottles.

Scissor Sisters' I Don't Feel Like Dancin' fell to number three, with French DJ Bob Sinclar's Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now) slipping to number four.

The highest new entry on the album chart was metal band Trivium's The Crusade, which came into the chart at number seven.

Emo has finally taken over the world!!! lol.

Seriously, though, the song is damned catchy. It beats all the ranom pop/dance/'R'n'B' (In inverted commas for a damned reason) crap that usually makes it. Is this the start of a rock revolution!?

I genuinely wish diseases on you.

Britain is probably the worst place to live if you like actual rock music. Especially since we're infested with chavs/neds, emo twats, violent musical spastics and people who generally don't know what the fuck they're doing and like 'the style'.

I'd rather live in France, in this respect. And I didn't even mention the fact that liking actual rock music immediately makes you everyone's enemy. Old people think you're crazy, chavs want to knife you for no apparent reason, emos don't like anyone but themselves and other rock lovers are always wary of each other because they're so used to meeting fakes.

At least, that's how my experiences have been.

I'd say rock music IN GENERAL, had became more popular since 2000. The 90s were a pop-puff, country music bollock fest. I never actually liked ANY music until about 1999/2000, when I first heard Muse and Queens Of The Stoneage on some pirated compilation CD. I also heard Green Day then as well. Three bands I still listen to (don't annoy me about Green Day).

I actually did an argumentative essay in English a few years ago in high school about the increasing popularity in rock music, but highlighting that a lot of it could be deemed 'fake'. This was also when Busted was still around, and they may have been a catalyst in my anger. Seriously, if you're ever asked to do an essay, do it about something you love and why people are fucking it up.

Edited by The Kraig

Britain's taste of rock music is generally fucked anyway. I don't agree how all these indie bands are being classed as rock, when everything about the music leans to pop. Then all other bands that actually are close to rock usually find success if they're directed towards the black clothed, thirteen year old Myspace poetry writing, Nightmare Before Christmas loving fat cows of the country.

'Rock' was big in the states in the late 90s, if you include 'nu-metal' in there.

To be honest, Rock never died, it just goes through pussified stages. The 80s, emo, etc.

Metal is where its at anyway.

And punk. <_<

Punk is dead man, punk is dead.

Well, not really, I just get fucking annoyed by all the 12 year old girls that think they're SOOOOOOOOO punk because they listen to Green Day (who I actually like, at least everything except 'American Idiot') and whatever the shitty band that is passing itself off as punk is this week.

The last 'new' band I really, really liked was Avenged Sevenfold.

Britain's taste of rock music is generally fucked anyway. I don't agree how all these indie bands are being classed as rock, when everything about the music leans to pop. Then all other bands that actually are close to rock usually find success if they're directed towards the black clothed, thirteen year old Myspace poetry writing, Nightmare Before Christmas loving fat cows of the country.

Just out of interest, why is it 'generally fucked'? I actually like a variety of music, with heavy and power metal my preferred genres.

EDIT: Unless you were referring to the country itself. Damn, I need a name change...

Edited by Preacher Britain

Britain is probably the worst place to live if you like actual rock music. Especially since we're infested with chavs/neds, emo twats, violent musical spastics and people who generally don't know what the fuck they're doing and like 'the style'.

I'd rather live in France, in this respect. And I didn't even mention the fact that liking actual rock music immediately makes you everyone's enemy. Old people think you're crazy, chavs want to knife you for no apparent reason, emos don't like anyone but themselves and other rock lovers are always wary of each other because they're so used to meeting fakes.

Actually, France had full on charva's back before the word chav was ever invented. :shifty: Trip to France (When I was still at school), came across a bunch of Chav's (Who tried to get off with some of the girls, so they came to us to protect them...we were lucky as there was more of us than these lads, but they still hung around and generally acted like dicks...threatened a couple of people...in shitty broken English, but when we just kept playing football they left). This was at the time where if you said charv or chav down south, in like london or somewhere someone would just look at you and go "What the fuck?".

Besides a stone throwing incident with a little piece of shit, I've gotten more shit off French charva's than English. :shifty:

Edited by The Kraig