Emo makes it to number 1

DFF

If you look, I never said that MCR reaching number 1 was a bad thing, or anything at all.

For the record, I actually LIKE some of their stuff. Its catchy, and non-offensive, in small doses. Its not so much the music I don't like, as the scene.

And I'd classify Avenged as 'metal'. Sure, they aren't Sabbath, or Slayer, or 'classic' metal, but they're still 'metal', IMO.

They're no Candiria though.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, you and every other thirteen year old girl will have forgotten about emo by this time next year.

I'm sure you were thinking the same thing last year. Just because emo can be good, don't be a bitch.

Notice how "rock" is anything but these days?

One diseased sandwich with extra AIDS comin' right up!

Emo is a part of the rock genre, like it or not.

How come everytime a band with guitars has a hit people start banging on about 'rock revolutions'?

Because MCR are a popular rock band.

The last 'new' band I really, really liked was Avenged Sevenfold.

Pahaha, i hate that band. I remember when they said in an interview

"Oh, we are here to stay, oh we dont want 14 year old girls liking us, we are for real"

then they released the most radio friendly songs ever

(and im syaing this because of the hordes of little emo's syaing they love avenged sevenfold, and all they have is beast and the harlot, which i still cant belive is classed as hard rock / metal)

'Pahaha', Sevenfold shit on your face. & then play badass music.

Don't worry, you and every other thirteen year old girl will have forgotten about emo by this time next year.

I'm sure you were thinking the same thing last year. Just because emo can be good, don't be a bitch.

Notice how "rock" is anything but these days?

One diseased sandwich with extra AIDS comin' right up!

I don't get the rock revolution talk at all. It's not like in the 60's and 70's there weren't other genres out there. Hell in the 60's you had Motown in its golden age. Then in the 70s you had some of softest pop ballads ever and Disco. It's not like rock ever was the only genre that mattered, just that old fogeys like to think they lived in a better era than we do now. There will never be a rock revolution, just a revolution within rock itself. If you get what I'm saying.

Mindless drivel.
Pointless arguing about genres.
Some anti-semitic stuff?
Moan Moan
Insults.
Pooping.
My music tastes pwn rar.

You're all gay, music is good, music is spiritual, it's not about a revolution of music, it's about revolution of self. With the advent of the mixtape I'd say we were safely past any REAL musical revolution, just a subtle change in style and tastes of people, let alone me mentioning the internet.

In conclusion, you all argue about music in a pointless fashion, shut the fuck up and just enjoy what you feel free to do so.

Discussion on music on EWB tends to fall into exactly what this convo has, people laughing at others opinions rather than drawing on their comments and actually building a decent opinion. It's boring, add to the fact you're almost all a bunch of morons who can't form your own opinions and you got a melting pot of shit.

Discussion on music on EWB tends to fall into exactly what this convo has, people laughing at others opinions rather than drawing on their comments and actually building a decent opinion. It's boring, add to the fact you're almost all a bunch of morons who can't form your own opinions and you got a melting pot of shit.

In my (admittedly limited) experience of this board, that tends to happen in EVERY thread.

Depends who is in the thread, from my own personal experience.

My head hurts from this thread.

On topic, MCR getting to number one makes me far happier than some talent show winner getting to number one.

Besides, if you didn't buy the record, why complain? It's not you're being held directly responsible. "FUCK YOU BRITAIN! MCR GOT TO NUMBER ONE! WE'RE ALL GONNA BE TAKEN OVER BY TEH EMOZ!" Look around your city centre. Accept diversity. If you like a different band, try and get someone else to like them. If they don't, they don't. At least you do.

Like I say. Headache.

Don't tell me you've gone astray

I talk in circles

Everlasting chains that bind my purpose

Only i've seen the million things that tell me so...

Total anxiety, pay for variety

(We'll wait for time to) turn around, turn around, your faith

(We'll wait for time to) choked on society laced with cyanide

(We'll wait for time to) turn around, turn around your faith...we'll wait for time to turn

EMO'S UNITE!!!! FTW!!

Speaking of emo..."Lifetime" have a new song on their purevolume. Whilst not emo in itself (Dan Yemin is too goof for emo god damn it...that reminds me...I really need to purchase that swank looking "Paint it Black" t-shirt), their shit has been borrowed by so many bands over the years. I'm not overly into them (I much prefer Yemin in Paint It Black and Kid Dynamite...but this was where he started...I prefer Dan's vocals to the Lifetime singer).

Edited by Steve Mandela

not emo. Here I was thinking Dear Diary I'm Dead or Circle Takes The Square charted

Edited by CloudStrife Ate My Fucking Donut