2006/07 NBA Thread

JStarr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kobe's been amazing, but there's an article saying that Kobe is better then Jordan because he's putting up better stats and can do more. The writer (Jemele Hill) goes even as far as to say that Jordan's teams were medicore-talented as the Lakers are right now. That's just retarded.

Damn, a shitty couple weeks to be a Knicks fan. Once they really get in the thick of the playoff race for one of the last two spots in the playoffs, they lose six games out of seven and go ten games under 500. Now we've got a tough schedule where we're going to play Cleveland at home, and then at Dallas and at Oklahoma City. I think if the Knicks stand any shot of getting the eighth spot they have to beat Cleveland at home, and Oklahoma City on the road. Dallas is pretty much going to be a throwaway. I could see Mardy Collins, the new Randolph Morris guy and Jerome James playing most of the second half to keep Marbury and Curry fresh for the games that they have a shot at winning.

Kobe has been doing amazing lately but Dirk or Nash is going to get the award unless Kobe did incredilble the rest of the way. Nash is doing even better then he did the past to season when he has one the award and his team is doing very good as well. Dirk is on a team that has been doing amazing as well and is putting up bigger numbers then he has in a while as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is no one talking about the race for the 8th spot in the West? All you Maverick fans should be hoping my Warriors either get the number 7 spot or not make the playoffs at all with the way they play the Mavs. I see two teams being able to give the Mavs a fight in the playoffs and one of the teams is my Warriors (as long as they stay healthy).

All I gotta say is the playoff drought will end this season.

The NBA suspended referee Joey Crawford indefinitely on Tuesday after he ejected Tim Duncan on Sunday in the Spurs' game against the Mavericks.

Crawford's suspension will at least cover the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.

"Joey Crawford's handling of this situation failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees," NBA commissioner David Stern said. "Especially in light of similar prior acts by this official, a significant suspension is warranted. Although Joey is consistently rated as one of our top referees, he must be held accountable for his actions on the floor, and we will have further discussions with him following the season to be sure he understands his responsibilities."

Crawford hit Duncan with two technical fouls just 1:16 apart late in the third quarter of San Antonio's 91-86 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday. The second came while Duncan was laughing on the bench and meant an automatic ejection, just the second of his nine-year career.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?' " Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?' "

The Spurs sorely missed their top player against Dallas down the stretch, failing to score a basket over the last 6:32 while allowing a 9-0 run to end the game. The loss ended their hopes of catching Phoenix for the No. 2 seed and home-court advantage if they meet in the second round.

While this was a thrilling game between Western Conference powers, the story of the day turned out to be Duncan vs. Crawford.

"He came into the game with a personal vendetta against me," said Duncan, who had 16 points, seven rebounds, six assists and two blocks in his limited action. "It had to be because I didn't do anything the entire game. I said three words to him and the three words were, 'I got fouled' on a shot. ... That's all I said to him the entire game."

Crawford disagreed, saying that "[Duncan] was complaining the whole game."

"And then he went over to the bench and he was over there doing the same stuff behind our back," Crawford said. "I hit him with one (technical) and he kept going over there, and I look over there and he's still complaining. So I threw him out."

Crawford spoke to a pool reporter before Duncan spoke to the media. Asked about Duncan not thinking he deserved to be tossed, Crawford said: "That's his opinion. He said nothing? When he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of [expletive]. Is that nothing?"

Edited by Livid

I'll be even more impressed with Stern if he lets Duncan off for criticizing the official considering the circumstances. Any player talking about "the ref hates me/us" usually gets smacked in the wallet.

Leaves us with one less ref who thinks someone paid money to see him. (Y)

I'll be even more impressed with Stern if he lets Duncan off for criticizing the official considering the circumstances. Any player talking about "the ref hates me/us" usually gets smacked in the wallet.

Leaves us with one less ref who thinks someone paid money to see him. (Y)

So the Pistons end up drawing the Orlando Magic in the first round. I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but I don't like Orlando's chances at all. Though there is an interesting subplot being that Grant Hill and Darko Miliic are former (and notable) members of the Detroit Pistons.

I'm also absolutely thrilled to see that Chicago and Miami will have the opportunity to beat the shit out of each in round 1. The simple fact that Detroit only has to see one of those two teams in the playoffs is a bit of a relief. Of course that's all contingent on Detroit's playoff success.

By the way, any of you other Detroit fans excited about Amir Johnson's development? I sure as hell am. He's going to make everybody forget about the Darko debacle within the next 2-3 years.

Darko will end up haunting you for a long time, especially if you guys don't win another championship. Oh, and like Walton said last night, Hinrich defends Wade as well as anyone in the entire NBA when he's healthy. Last year we challenged them as much as anyone else, and that was with a healthy Wade and no Ben Wallace. I like our chances at an "upset".

Definatly cant say how happy I am that the Cavs were able to pull out the 2nd seed last night. They now get to face the Wizards I belive in the first and they could probably be a sweep and then it is likely onto the Raptors who dont have any playoff experience so far so I dont see them as a huge threat and then it would be the ECF were they could see a variety of teams either the Bull, Pistons or even possibly the Heat anyway it happens the series will probably go on long and the Cavs can be rested atleast this is how I hope it all turns out altough I know it is the playoffs so really anything can happen.