Nevermind the Buzzcocks

IAceI

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guest host works on HIGNFY because Hislop and Merton can be funny regardless of whose hosting, even if it's someone completely terrible like Ann Widdicombe or whatshisface from Richard & Judy.

Ah, Richard? :shifty:

I forgot his surname, and saying Richard from Richard and Judy sounded silly >_>

The guest host works on HIGNFY because Hislop and Merton can be funny regardless of whose hosting, even if it's someone completely terrible like Ann Widdicombe or whatshisface from Richard & Judy.

Ah, Richard? :shifty:

I forgot his surname, and saying Richard from Richard and Judy sounded silly >_>

Madeley.

Wow, unless there's a turn-around in the last ten minutes, this is possibly the worst episode ever. Gabriella Cilmis prettiness being the highlight which says something.

And is the programme really getting shit ratings or is that some sort of running joke they've got going. (I don't care enough to go and research it <_<)

Probably is.

And Germain Greer has probably been the funniest thing on the program.

The guy from Glasvegas clearly isn't interested. James Corden's doing alright, Greer's actually wanting to get involved. Phill's team might as well not be there.

Vote: Lamarr

There was pretty much no laughs in this week's. The whole bunny thing was horrid as well.

EDIT: Apostrophe, kid, apostrophe.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I quite liked this week's episode - Jack Dee was good, Lisa Maffia was good fodder with the Celeb Air thing, Sayle was solid, Amstell was good with the whole "gotta be careful" schtick. I actually prefer Amstell to be honest, Lamarr always came off as always trying to make himself look better than anyone else for the sake of being a cunt whereas at least Amstell is more clever about it and gets some laughs. There's definitely been some stinkers in this series (that Gabriella Cilmi episode is one of the worst I've ever seen), but I don't think the guest captain's thing is working out. But I'm not sure who could replace Bill full time and do it justice to be honest.

But for the vote thingy I'll go Amstell.

I quite liked this week's episode - Jack Dee was good, Lisa Maffia was good fodder with the Celeb Air thing, Sayle was solid, Amstell was good with the whole "gotta be careful" schtick. I actually prefer Amstell to be honest, Lamarr always came off as always trying to make himself look better than anyone else for the sake of being a cunt whereas at least Amstell is more clever about it and gets some laughs. There's definitely been some stinkers in this series (that Gabriella Cilmi episode is one of the worst I've ever seen), but I don't think the guest captain's thing is working out. But I'm not sure who could replace Bill full time and do it justice to be honest.

But for the vote thingy I'll go Amstell.

Er, that's exactly what Amstell does, but badly. This week's wasn't so bad, it didn't run on and on, Jack Dee was and Alexi Sayle were good (Dee's intros were quality :P), but I didn't really get the playing safe angle, have they gotten in trouble or something?

Oh, I vote Lamarr too. I've probably spelt it wrong.

Edited by Dragsy

Actually the recent series has been filmed the week it's shown like Top Gear, Mock The Week, HIGNFY etc. if I'm right.

Edited by HoboObohHbob

Eh, honestly, in the long-term I prefer Lamarr, but it was good to get rid of him - the show would have gone downhill quicker if he'd stayed. I love Amstell, although I prefer him as an irreverent host/interviewer for other music programs, not on Buzzcocks so much. Lamarr, though, had clearly lost interest by the end of his stint, and so much of it became the Lamarr/Bailey Show, with so many repeated jokes, that they were in need of a change.

Gotta stick my vote in for Lemarr too.

Lemarr just seemed slightly more "Buzzcocks". What I mean by that is a edgy sort of show that occasionally went to far digging out celebrities. I still think Amstell is very funny with that said but also I also think Lemarr worked alot better with Bailey and Jupitus.