Gears of War

Laice07

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game gets 10 rawkpoints for using Gary Jules' Mad World cover in the TV ads

Yeah was going to come in here and say the same thing. I remember listening to that song non-stop after it was used in an episode of CSI.

Guest StylesClash86

I saw the commercial for this game and it just had me in awe. I know have a 360 and this game sitting in front of me. Never thought one game would entice me going next-gen so soon, as my plan was to wait until June or July and get a PS3. Does anyone have any recommendations for the 360 as far as games and the like? I only have Gears of War and haven't been following the 360 to close.

I saw the commercial for this game and it just had me in awe. I know have a 360 and this game sitting in front of me. Never thought one game would entice me going next-gen so soon, as my plan was to wait until June or July and get a PS3. Does anyone have any recommendations for the 360 as far as games and the like? I only have Gears of War and haven't been following the 360 to close.

GoW is awesome, I just picked it up today. Does anybody else have a problem with the multiplayer though? I couldn't get it to work for me, but I'm going to give it a try tonight after work.

I haven't played much multiplayer yet, simply because the guys I usually play with aren't on, but I'm loving single player. I'm barely reaching the second Outpost/Checkpoint in Act 2, though, so I haven't gotten THAT far in the game just yet.

But the guys at Epic need to get some kudos for the camera work alone. I'm constantly finding myself running all over the place even when I don't have to be simply because of how cool it looks.

Just got the game, the graphics are great as expected, but Co_op is a lot of fun. Can't wait to get online with it....

This game is the shit. Beautiful graphics, really intense combat, and multiplayer is the best fun I've had since Halo 2.

For those having troubles connecting online, don't use Quick Match. Use custom match, and join games with only 1 or 2 people out of 8 in it. The reason why you get disconnected, is that with quick match, it matches around 7000 people into games with only 1 or 2 available slots, causing everyone who doesn't get in first to disconnect half way.

I haven't tried Online Co-Op yet, because I heard it erases your campaign save, but hopefully it's not too laggy, and all will be right in my world.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

Guest StylesClash86

Love the game, but far to short. I got it on Tuesday and beat it last night, not playing it for more than a couple hours in a day. Wish it could have been longer. Overall it was fun and I am sure Live is a blast, but after beating it it's time for E-Bay. Easy way to get Madden 07 and Saints Row.

Edited by StylesClash86

There's few games I find this good. Halo 2 is up there. KOTOR was as well. This is just below them on my list, in terms of overall enjoyment.

It is so fucking fun to play co-op with someone else, it's kind of hard to describe. I'd rent it first if you aren't sure. You could always just read some game reviews though. Gamespy had a pretty good one which pretty much sold the game for me.

This game is the shit. Beautiful graphics, really intense combat, and multiplayer is the best fun I've had since Halo 2.

Exactly what I was going to say. I got it last night and I've managed to complete the game on Casual and Hardcore as Dominic (player 2 in co-op) already. :lol:

Bring on Insane. :w00t:

It's definitely not a multiplayer game though. Deathmatches suck, weapons seem to have random damage, the maps aren't that well designed (so that when someone gets a sniper for example, you're screwed) and stuff like that. The fatality thing is also annoying. Very much a whore and camper's game like Counter-Strike, etc.

Exactly what I was going to say. I got it last night and I've managed to complete the game on Casual and Hardcore as Dominic (player 2 in co-op) already. :lol:

It's definitely not a multiplayer game though. Deathmatches suck, weapons seem to have random damage, the maps aren't that well designed (so that when someone gets a sniper for example, you're screwed) and stuff like that. The fatality thing is also annoying. Very much a whore and camper's game like Counter-Strike, etc.

Sniper's are really easy to beat. Once they miss the first shot, you can just run up to them, stick them, run away.

Do you know whats really annoying, other then getting chainsawed to pieces online, but when your down and your teammate is right beside you and doesn't help you back up. I mean how hard does it to just tap x when your right there! It was also 2 on 1, last round, all tied up,and we lose. Stealing kills can also be annoying but I do it sometimes so I can't complain.