Gears of War

Laice07

I'm terribly hypocritical.

It's been five days since I bought it. The learning curve might not be THAT great, but I don't need people laughing at me every time I die. People would never stop laughing >_>

To be fair, I wasn't laughing.

To be fair, I'm not exactly being serious about it :P

Edited by Kaneanite

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaney has a point though, and it's a huge thing that I hate about "gamers." Which, by the way, if you go around bragging and calling yourself a "gamer," you're probably not getting laid. Anyway, the "OmG U dyed on teh cazual, u suX0rz! i am teh 1337!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Give it a rest, we don't all sit around playing Gears of War all day and some of us play on a, get this, casual basis. Get it? Casual? As in the difficulty setting that you're just too awesome for?

Sounds like Zero sucks at it as well. :)

Yes, I do. And I don't care. I hate playing games like this on Xbox Live because that's when you listen to people have to say "uber pwnage" or listen to nerds on your team who take this game way too fucking seriously. I like playing with human teammates/opponents, but I have to leave my headset on mute so I don't shout at my teammates, "OH MY FUCKING GOD, GET A HOOKER!" I always hated the bad rap people got for playing video games, but after playing this game for awhile, yeah, it's mostly all true. How can people expect me to be as good as them when they've proven to me that they have far less of a life than me... and I'm unemployed.

Maxx and his 3 Roommates are generally looking for opponents between 11pm and 3am EST if anyone is interested.

AwesomeBot 5000 is my gamer tag, we're also all hopping on now if anyone is on and wants in

Sounds like Zero sucks at it as well. :)

Yes, I do. And I don't care. I hate playing games like this on Xbox Live because that's when you listen to people have to say "uber pwnage" or listen to nerds on your team who take this game way too fucking seriously. I like playing with human teammates/opponents, but I have to leave my headset on mute so I don't shout at my teammates, "OH MY FUCKING GOD, GET A HOOKER!" I always hated the bad rap people got for playing video games, but after playing this game for awhile, yeah, it's mostly all true. How can people expect me to be as good as them when they've proven to me that they have far less of a life than me... and I'm unemployed.

Really annoyed, can't get online with this at all. Everytime I try and join a server, whether it's got 1/8 or 7/8 players I just get a "connection to host lost" message. All the other games I've tried online work, so it's not a problem with my connection.

I get that a lot of the time as well. Various forums suggest that you should press X while the screen is saying 'refreshing' and it'll bring up the list quicker, which is supposed to help connectivity somehow, but I dunno.

For those having troubles connecting online, don't use Quick Match. Use custom match, and join games with only 1 or 2 people out of 8 in it. The reason why you get disconnected, is that with quick match, it matches around 7000 people into games with only 1 or 2 available slots, causing everyone who doesn't get in first to disconnect half way.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this for Christmas, only played it briefly, but I REALLY like so far. I managed to die on the fucking training mission.... How shit am I?

Barely played it, but it's going down pretty darn well so far. Graphics are awesome too.