EWB's Top 50 Movies List

The Hardcore Canuck

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, that last batch was one of the weakest in a while. I've never been all that big on any of the Star Wars film, and Office Space is just overrated to all hell. Scarface is decent, but, much like Office Space, is also overrated to all hell.

Usual Suspects, on the other hand, (Y)

Since I noticed shameless Alien crossovers were discussed earlier, I feel I should mention that while I was in the school library earlier, I saw an Aliens/Superman crossover comic book. After flicking, I have a new favourite book >_>

Is it Aliens vs. Superman where he basically ends up getting Predator to do all his work for him?

Talking about the phantom menace aren't you.

Fucking brilliant little group. The Godfather, while I don't think of highly of it as some, is a fantastic film. Shaun Of The Dead is a great comedy, one of the best British rom-coms of recent years, and an amazing parody of a genre that was just crying out for it, but probably shouldn't be quite that high. Battle Royale and Eternal Sunshine, though, are two of the most beautiful films made this decade, and I have no problem at all with them being at the point they are in the list. Both of them are amongst the best in their genre, and both blew my mind when I first saw them, and I doubt I could get tired of either.

I only saw Eternal Sunshine for the first time a few weeks ago, I was at a real low-point and having teen angst girl problems, and the first half hour or so hit me really fucking hard, and I kept watching, and the whole film just seemed so perfect to the situation I was in, and so fucking amazingly made. Brilliant, brilliant film, I'm glad it made it. I don't even think it's a case of it being a recent film that people voted for because they remember it more than they might remember older films (as is often the case with any list like this), it legitimately is one of the finest films ever made.

Seriously, there are 9 movies better than The Godfather? I mean it's not my favorite movie of all time but it's higher than 10, and I'd figure it has the sort of popularity to make it a contender for #1. I'm sort of dreading seeing which 9 are above it. >_>

Kurbick is my favorite directer of all-time so I love that he's on this list like 3 times. Dr. Strangelovfge is my all-time favorite movie so I do wish that was a lot higher. I wish Requiem was higher too unlike skumfrog, I thought it was one of the best drug movies ever made next to Fear & Loathing, certainly one of the best movies about addiction ever made.

Still think it's a crime that Seven didn't make it though.

OK, as I kinda screwed up the first post (I put 6 instead of 5) we are down to the top nine movies. For dramatic effect, I will post three at a time, just so the top 3 can be revealed by themselves.

9. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

montypythonandtheholygrail.jpg

8. Sin City

sincity.jpg

7. The Shawshank Redemption

theshawshankredemption.jpg