EWB Top 50 Actors

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Tom Hanks

His range is what lands him here. Cast Away was an alright movie, but seeing as how he carried it to what it was, I still view that as a great acting achievement.

2 - Denzel Washington

His body of work is simply fantastic. One of the more reliable actors in Hollywood.

3 - Morgan Freeman

Awesome.

4 - Robert DeNiro

5 - Jack Nicholson

6 - Adam Sandler

7 - Jim Carrey

8 - James Earl Jones

9 - Clint Eastwood

10 - Kevin Spacey

I can see already that Johnny Depp will place high, I am disappointed in every one of you. :shifty:

Edited by ACCBiggz

Just curious here, but, why must it be just living?

Why not? <_<

Erm, well, because there have been some damn good actors that are slightly, well, dead.

Oh absolutely. My number 1 woulda been Brando, but that's not the list....

Whatever, it's your list. lol. I call someone doing an all-time one within a month, though.

I did an all time actors list before and it was horrendously skewed towards living actors anyway. The list was messy and jagged. This makes it tidier. Allowing dead actors does not stop some people naming Ashton Kutcher as their all time top actor.

1. Gene Hackman

2. Robin Williams

3. Sean Connery

4. Samuel L Jackson

5. John C. Riely

6. Robert De Niro

7. Antonio Banderas

8. Michael Caine

9. Alec Baldwin

10. Harrison Ford

1. Bill Murray

2. Johnny Depp

3. Bruce Campbell

4. Gene Wilder

5. Ewan McGregor

6. Gary Oldman

7. Takeshi Kitano

8. Edward Norton

9. Morgan Freeman

10. Harvey Keitel

I don't understand the Johnny Depp hate as he is one of the most versitile actors of all time.

It's because it's cool to hate popular people, duhh. Seriously, Depp is one of the best character actors ever. It's not even a matter of opinion, just look at almost all of his body of work, it's nigh-on-impossible to argue otherwise.

Oh, and because Biggzy has the worst taste in everything ever. Seriously, he voted for Jim Carrey, who's only shown himself to be a great actor in one film, and for Adam Sandler, who's yet to do so. And Denzel Washington.

Edited by Skumfrog

1.) Jack Nicholson

2.) Robert Deniro

3.) Tom Hanks

4.) Ralph Fiennes

5.) Johnny Depp

6.) Al Pacino

7.) Dustin Hoffman

8.) Christian Bale

9.) Bradd Pitt

10.) Jim Carrey

Seriously, he voted for Jim Carrey, who's only shown himself to be a great actor in one film

Now I don't think that's fair. The Truman Show is a fabulous movie that Carrey really shines in and started to break out of that goofy actor shell. He did the bio-pic before the bio-pic was cool with a spot-on Andy Kaufman in Man on the Moon. He darkened up his loveable goofiness and played a great villain in the Cable Guy, even if the movie sucked, he was good in it. No one can play the loveable goof like he can and while he's not stretching his acting chops in Liar, Liar or Ace Ventura, they're still some of the greatest comedic performances of all-time. And of course, you can't forget Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which is my personal favorite romantic movie ever. Carrey is incredibly versatile, much like Johnny Depp. He can do silly, he can be serious, he can be both, he can do family films, and now it looks like he's going to do a thriller called the Number 23 which will be released in February.

Seriously, he voted for Jim Carrey, who's only shown himself to be a great actor in one film

Now I don't think that's fair. The Truman Show is a fabulous movie that Carrey really shines in and started to break out of that goofy actor shell. He did the bio-pic before the bio-pic was cool with a spot-on Andy Kaufman in Man on the Moon. He darkened up his loveable goofiness and played a great villain in the Cable Guy, even if the movie sucked, he was good in it. No one can play the loveable goof like he can and while he's not stretching his acting chops in Liar, Liar or Ace Ventura, they're still some of the greatest comedic performances of all-time. And of course, you can't forget Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which is my personal favorite romantic movie ever. Carrey is incredibly versatile, much like Johnny Depp. He can do silly, he can be serious, he can be both, he can do family films, and now it looks like he's going to do a thriller called the Number 23 which will be released in February.

Glad to see someone got to defending Carrey before I got to it. Man On The Moon, The Cable Guy, The Truman Show and his comedy performances are all pretty good to great IMO. Obviously, since his comedy films are pretty much vehicles for him, it does kinda depend on whether you like his style or not, but with the other films he has done, he has shown that he is a pretty versatile actor in my eyes.

Though I hate on Zero for saying Cable Guy sucked.