Champions League 06/07 Knockout Fixtures

AJ

Jesus Christ! Fucking Get in!

I dunno how we pulled that one out! I actually thought we defended superbly, Gabby Heinze in particular was quality. And taking our last two European games into account, Darren Fletcher has been our best player. He was brilliant tonight, Carrick too second half.

I thought all in all we deserved the win, Kaka's first goal was absolute magic and the second was just a stupid mix-up. Other than that they didn't trouble us too much, barring a 5 or 10 minute spell at the start of the second half. We definitely created the better chances.

Bring on the San Siro.

EDIT - Also, Paul Scholes just showed why he is the most talented midfielder England have... wish he'd come out of retirement.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henize was poor in the first half, great in the second though. And I thought that was a terrible performance from Carrick, started well and then just started to die it seemed. Other than him, I thought all the United team were great most of the match, Rooney saving United like that was fantastic and a good way to show he's still a fucking amazing player. Although Giggs deserves some credit for that last goal, great break away to set it up.

Overall a fantastic match I thought, Milan were better in the first half, United were all over them in the second, great stuff.

Henize was poor in the first half, great in the second though. And I thought that was a terrible performance from Carrick, started well and then just started to die it seemed. Other than him, I thought all the United team were great most of the match, Rooney saving United like that was fantastic and a good way to show he's still a fucking amazing player. Although Giggs deserves some credit for that last goal, great break away to set it up.

Overall a fantastic match I thought, Milan were better in the first half, United were all over them in the second, great stuff.

Just found Carrick had a poor performance tonight if you ask me, certainly compared to how good he's been lately. It was like he was giving up on certain stuff when he could have made it work. Towards the end he picked up because United were all over them, but I just felt like for about fifty minutes of the match, he lacked the energy they needed.

Ronaldos header was on target so it is his goal.

The laws of the game state if an attempt on goal is on target then the goal is his regardless of how many deflections the ball takes

I didn't even realise Scholes was playing until the second half. he didn't do anything too flashy the whole game besides his flick onto Rooney. Brilliant. That was one of Ronaldo's worst game as of late, he was trying to hard. But I'll take a 3-2 win anyday. Treble ahoy!

Dida seems to be not skilled enough to be in Champions League. He always lets in easy goals and rarely makes a difficult save.. but what do I know. Would've been 2-2 if he had actually followed the game..

Its also so boring that its 3/4 english teams.. without Dida the yesterdays game would've been 1-0 either way like Chelsea-Liverpool today. That's just how they play.. :/

Edited by Jukasa

Dida seems to be not skilled enough to be in Champions League. He always lets in easy goals and rarely makes a difficult save.. but what do I know. Would've been 2-2 if he had actually followed the game..

Its also so boring that its 3/4 english teams.. without Dida the yesterdays game would've been 1-0 either way like Chelsea-Liverpool today. That's just how they play.. :/

Edited by Jordan Stiva

CL: Man U

League: Man U

FA: Chel... Man U

I've already bet on that

Worst game? Are you serious? He tore the shit out of that Milan defense, won countless freekicks, got corners, and they couldnt cope with him in the air ala the first goal.
Edited by Legend_Killer33

Dida seems to be not skilled enough to be in Champions League. He always lets in easy goals and rarely makes a difficult save.. but what do I know.

I dunno. Dida does make some real bad mistakes, but he also showed in the Man U match that he can make some excellent saves. Without him, arguably Man U could have scored a few more.