Champions League 06/07 Knockout Fixtures

AJ

Liverpool tackle holders Barcelona, while Jose Mourinho faces a return to Porto in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League.

The tie of the round sees Rafa Benitez return to Spain to take on favourites and holders Barcelona.

Chelsea boss Mourinho faces an emotional return to Porto where he won the Champions League in 2004.

Manchester United have been handed a favourable tie against Lille, who beat United in last season's competition.

Last season's losing finalists Arsenal face a clash with Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven.

Celtic have been handed a tough draw after being paired with Italian giants Milan.

Real Madrid take on Bayern Munich in the last 16, while Serie A leaders Internazionale tackle Valencia.

French champions Lyon have been drawn against Italian side Roma, while Real Madrid take on old foes Bayern Munich.

Full draw:

Porto v Chelsea

Celtic v Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal

Lille v Manchester United

Roma v Lyon

Barcelona v Liverpool

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

Internazionale v Valencia

The games will be played on 20/21 February and 6/7 March.

Almost all of those games are massive as far as I’m concerned. Chelsea/Porto is sure to be the dirtiest game this year. I’m hoping Celtic can pull off an upset.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd just put this here, saves making a new thread. But once again, BBC.co.uk gets commentary line of the night:

2106: The closest we've come to a second-half goal at Porto. Dider Drogba fires a tame, low effort wide.

2105: Lyon boss Gerard Houllier picks his nose.

2103: Ronaldinho fires the resultant free-kick from that Deco-Mohamed Sissoko something-about-nothing incident over the bar.

If that happens, the FA should make Chelsea and Arsenal replay the 2-2 draw at Highbury in the 04/05 season when Henry done that :P

Honestly, Lille are being complete twats about it. They're not the first team this has happened to and they won't be the last.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ringu

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/562670

INTER/VALENCIA FIGHT!~

The commentator makes me laugh, because he says "look at those crazy westerners, they don't want peace", "that black player he's crazy, he only wants to fight" and "and they say they don't want the Turks in the EU".

Oh, and with Barca/Inter out this CL is awesome. There's no more clear favourites and anyone could make it now.

hmmm...

Arsenal 2 - 1 PSV - I can see PSV scoring and going through on the away goals bt I think Arsenal will in o the night.

Man United 2 - 0 Lille I think at OT Man Yoo wll have the extra edge especially with the goal advantage.

AC Milan 1 - 0 Celtic - Depends when Milan score, if it's eary could blow tem away

Bayern 2 - 0 Madrid - Madrid aren'tthat good so I reckon at home Bayern will be comfortabl.

I'm a Rangers fan, so I was fine seeing Celtic make it to this stage, but any further and I'd have been unhappy, they'd never have let it go that they did better this year than we did by making history last year. Unlucky Arsenal, lol at Celtic, and congratulations to Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.