Champions League 06/07 Knockout Fixtures

AJ

I really, really want us to play the way we did against Arsenal when we beat them 4-1 at Anfield. Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano is, potentially, the best central midfield in the world - and that's without Momo. Gerrard and Alonso feeding off flick-ons from Crouch, with Pennant and Gonzalez/Riise/Kewell stretching teams.

Edited by therockbox

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, worst week in recent football. Man United - Chelsea was gold I tells you. But now the title race is all but over, and we've got the same final as in 2005. Which while I'll definintly watch, is the last of the four possible options I'd have liked to have seen given the semi-finals.

Still, there's always the FA Cup. And Hull City are staying up. :shifty:

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. I can't believe Man Utd lost. Kaka and Seadorfs goals were brilliant, though, but I didn't see the third. I was at school when i was told the final score. It guttered me. I was really hoping for a treble. Double it is then. Vidic is too fat and Brown is too shit. Fuck.

Fuck.

Milan were crazy on the night, just too good at times. Gattuso is still such an awesome player, I didn't like him going down wasting time and stuff, but alot of players do it nowadays anyway. Kaka was just too quick for Vidic on the night, even if Vidic has been fantastic all season. Carrick had another terrible game I thought, and it just wasn't working for Ronaldo on the night. If Milan play like they did last night, I cant see Liverpool stopping them personally.

Ah, worst week in recent football. Man United - Chelsea was gold I tells you. But now the title race is all but over, and we've got the same final as in 2005. Which while I'll definintly watch, is the last of the four possible options I'd have liked to have seen given the semi-finals.

Wouldn't be so sure. If the Russians can beat Utd at the Bridge, they're still in with a chance, because Utd's other 2 games are against Man City (a derby, plus they could still be down from last night) and West Ham (who might need the points to stay up on the last day), so they shouldn't be easy by any means. It'll be tough, but if Chelski pick up 9/9 then game on.

Edited by - Matt -

Wouldn't be so sure. If the Russians can beat Utd at the Bridge, they're still in with a chance, because Utd's other 2 games are against Man City (a derby, plus they could still be down from last night) and West Ham (who might need the points to stay up on the last day), so they shouldn't be easy by any means. It'll be tough, but if Chelski pick up 9/9 then game on.

You're assuming Chelsea can beat Arsenal, after having played 120 minutes + penalties against Liverpool. United should bounce back against a really shit City team without their best players (Richards is injured, Barton's suspended for being a filthy Scouse thug :P ).

I'd put money on Chelsea beating Arsenal, especially since Arsenal haven't exactly set the world on fire recently with thier performances. But I don't see Man U dropping the requisite points, even though some people make it out to be a real foregone conclusion.....hell, who would have expected Man U to drop points against Middlesborough a few weeks ago?

This is the same Arsenal that haven't been setting the world on fire since the beginning of the season but have beaten an in-form Utd twice. Their youngsters also gave Chelsea a run for their money in the Carling Cup. if I were to put money on anything it would probably be a draw. Although that is a little wishful thinking from me too.

Guest REENGAYLAND!!!

Arsenal this season seem to have this strange form, where it's slump, beat a big team, start winning games, slump again, beat another big team etc. I also see them holding Chelsea to a draw.

So its Milan and Liverpool again. I hope Milan will because they are the better team.. its going to be a great match. Unlike what Chealsea - Utd game would've been.. chelsea doing their uber boring tactics and watching Ronaldo failwith his stoopid tricks.

• 2 weeks later...