Champions League 06/07 Knockout Fixtures

AJ

Guest Ringu

Arsenal were painfully wasteful today. Really didn't deserve to go through.

Bet Madrid is really happy that they're paying Capello 7 times what they paid Luxemburgo for worst results (Y)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like a pretty nasty fall for poor Silvestre. It's either a dislocated or broken shoulder apparently.

I'm gutted Celtic couldn't pull off the upset but you could tell they were nackered by the end whereas Milan still had gas in the tank. They should've put Kenny Miller on earlier in my view.

Quarter-final draw

AC Milan v Bayern Munich

PSV Eindhoven v LIVERPOOL

Roma v MANCHESTER UNITED

CHELSEA v Valencia

(First legs to be played on 3/4 April and second legs on 10/11 April)

Semi-final draw

CHELSEA or Valencia v PSV Eindhoven or LIVERPOOL

Roma or MANCHESTER UNITED v AC Milan or Bayern Munich

(First legs to be played on 24/25 April and second legs on 1/2 May)

All three English teams should go through to the next round, which means there'd be at least one English team in the final.

AC Milan v Bayern Munich

PSV Eindhoven v Liverpool

Roma v United

Chelsea v Valencia

Dream final: United vs. Liverpool. We beat the Scousers for the third time this season to complete a second Treble. :pervert:

Guest Ringu

Valencia (if their players are not suspended), PSV, Bayern and Man Utd to go through.

Valencia's the team who is the most in-form and who has both a very solid defense and attacking prowess. Chelsea's lost form so I don't see it happening for them unless Valencia's players are banned.

Koeman will probably put 11 men behind the ball, Liverpool will probably not score, PSV will probably stick one in.

Bayern/Milan has both teams in terrible form. Common sense says Milan takes it, Ottmar Hitzfeld says Munich takes it. I'd gladly be wrong though, because I mark for Milan more than Bayern >_>

Man Utd/Roma should be tight. Roma's defense has been woeful this season but their attack has been splendid and they've adopted the whole Bremen "we'll outscore you" tactic to win games. The Mancs have traditionally sucked when it comes to away games in Europe, but with Vidic and Ferdinand in tenacious form, I see them winning this. Totti's also gonna choke on the big stage and get nowhere, as usual.

Edited by Ringu

Quarter-final draw

AC Milan v BAYERN MUNICH

PSV Eindhoven v LIVERPOOL

Roma v MANCHESTER UNITED

CHELSEA v Valencia

AC Milan vs Bayern Munich is the game I wanna see.. Bayern Munich in a shootout

Liverpool, Man U, and Chelsea take the others....

Oh and it IS a dislocated shoulder for Silvestre... and that was a hell of a game!!

Edited by darkrayne

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ringu

Stupid Paul Scholes,.

Token Italian/English game. The Italians are soft and the English seem rough and are thus outplayed. Then the Italian dives.

I am glad to see Perotta get a yellow for diving though.

And Roma score, not surprised.

Edited by Ringu

Guest Ringu

Especially considering Roma's apparent inability to defend anywhere that isn't Olympico.

Don't see Chelsea making it though. La Mestalla is the place big teams go to die.