Signature Songs

Farmer Reil

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd disagree with Rashid's choices for Sum 41 (In Too Deep or Fat Lip, In Too Deep probably having been their biggest hit over here anyway... maybe) and surely Bat Out Of Hell, I Would Do Anything For Love and Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad (not sure on the titles of the latter two sadly) are more of a signature to Meatloaf?

It's what I do, I have no other niche. :(

Hendrix's version is more famous, sure, but I wouldn't say it was one of his signature songs. Not up against stuff like Foxy Lady, Voodoo Child, or even stuff like Hey Joe and Axis (Bold As Love) which are regularly touted as his best work. His cover of All Along The Watchtower is good, sure, and he's more famous for it than Dylan is (although you can say that with a lot of Dylan's material, Knockin' On Heaven's Door especially as everybody and their grandmother has covered it - part of the reason why I selected it as Dylan's signature song because sure, everybody from Clapton to G'n'R has done it, but everybody KNOWS it's Dylan) but I don't think it'd stand up to some of Hendrix's other material.

Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

Neil Young - Heart of Gold/Rockin' In The Free World

Dire Straits - Money For Nothin'

Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire

Pffft. Battle Hymn has nothing on Metal Warriors for "Manowarness".

Everyone who knows Manowar knows Metal Warriors. Battle Hymn is up there though, of course.

Oh, and Full Moon is my personal least favourite Sonata song, purely because the live version I have is so shite. ¬_¬

I guess it's mostly personal preference.

Since it's basically the only Placebo song I could actually name and sing along to, despite owning two albums, Pure Morning wins my vote for their signature :P

I'll go with ones that seem way too obvious...

Audioslave - Like A Stone (A song that has weird emotions to me, despite being pretty much a stalker song.)

Beck - Loser

Bloc Party - Banquet (Helicopter is better, but more people have probably heard Banquet)

Bloodhound Gang - the Discovery channel song I don't remember the name to

Cake - The Distance

Flyleaf - I'm So Sick

The Game - Hate It Or Love It

Incubus - Drive or Wish You Were Here

Kanye West - Jesus Walks

The Killers - Mr. Brightside

Korn - Freak on a Leash

The Mars Volta - Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) (That one can and should be argued, because I can't think of a good one for them.)

Muse - either Plug In Baby like said before or Hysteria. Actually, I'll argue Hysteria as the signature song.

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Oasis - Champagne Supernova

Outkast - Ms. Jackson

Pearl Jam - Even Flow

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

REM - It's The End of the World As We Know It

Rob Zombie - Dragula

Saul Williams - Act III Scene 2 (Shakesphere)

Seether - Remedy

Shinedown - Fly From The Inside

The Shins - New Slang

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars or Run

The Strokes - Last Night

System of a Down - Toxicity

T.I. - What You Know (>_>)

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - American Girl

Tool - Schism

TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me

Van Halen (DLR-era) - Jump

Van Halen (Hagar-era) - Right Now

The Velvet Underground - Heroin (I think it describe them better than "Run Run Run" or "All Tomorrow's Parties" tbh.)

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Wyclef Jean - Apocalypse (>_>)

EDIT: And SSTB, I always thought "Minerva" was a more signature song for the Deftones, tbh.

Edited by ROC

Rob Zombie - Dragula

Wu-Tang Clan - Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuttin' Ta Fuck Wit

Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue or I Walk The Line

The Mars Volta - Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) (That one can and should be argued, because I can't think of a good one for them.)

Muse - either Plug In Baby like said before or Hysteria. Actually, I'll argue Hysteria as the signature song.

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Audioslave - Be Yourself, I personally enjoy it much more than any other song and well, the first albums main hit was Cochise and Be Yourself has so much more to it.

Coheed and Cambria - Probably The Crowing, Welcome Home or A Favour House Atlantic.

The Dead Kennedy's - I'm gonna go with Police Truck, I love that song so much.

Disturbed - Down With The Sickness, even though I prefer Sons of Plunder.

Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly

Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers, simply because It's the only Maiden song I've ever properly got into instead of just casually listening to.

Johnny Cash - Hurt or Ring of Fire.

Metallica - Master of Puppets or One.

Mudvayne - Happy?

Radiohead - Paranoid Android or Creep.

RATM - Renegades of Funk, Killing in the Name Of and I'm Housin' all stand out for me. ROF because it was the first RAGE song I heard, KITNO because it's well known by most people and I'm Housin' simply because it's awesome done live.

The Shadows - Apache.

Shinedown - Trade Yourself In

The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun would be my choice as far as their biggest hit goes, but personally I love Beyond the Wheel and Fell on Black Days. Cornells vocals on BTW are just fucking grand.

System of a Down - Toxicity.

The Blanks :shifty: - Underdog or Charles in Charge, personal favourites >_>.

Trivium - Dying in Your Arms or 'A Gunshot...'.

All of these are mainly done because I like them, not because they are anything significant <_<.

Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue or I Walk The Line

Ring of Fire, surely?

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with that one. And I would rank "Folsom Prison Blues" above either of those songs as well.

I'm not going to list loads, but I have to say, despite a million and one artists covering the song, and the man himself not having written the song, I still consider Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah" to be his signature.

I'd agree with that. I prefer his version out of the many I've heard. Grace is also a signature song, since its the album name and probably second best known.