Covers better than originals...

Liam

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Misfits to death, and they're probably my favorite band ever (Only rivalled by AFI)... but the Cradle of Filth cover of Halloween II (Titled HW2) from the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack, is far superior to the original, I do believe.

Also, the Project 1950 CD is amazing. I love the 50's style, but can't seem to like many actual 50's singers...so the songs done by a group I like, and done well is a major plus.

The version in the POTO film is slightly different to the version in the stage show, or at least in the show that I saw. I guess the soundtrack version's pretty damn reliable, though. I think I probably just assumed Nightwish's version was different because of the difference in title, or something, too.

The biggest difference being that the guy singing it in the movie croaks like a fucking frog. :shifty:

Nelly Furtado and Ray Lamontagne both did covers of "Crazy" that were better than Gnarls Barkley's original. And considering how awesome that was, that is no small feat.

I love the Misfits to death, and they're probably my favorite band ever (Only rivalled by AFI)... but the Cradle of Filth cover of Halloween II (Titled HW2) from the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack, is far superior to the original, I do believe.

Also, the Project 1950 CD is amazing. I love the 50's style, but can't seem to like many actual 50's singers...so the songs done by a group I like, and done well is a major plus.

Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls (Joy Division)

Osaka Popstar & The American Legends Of Punk - Blank Generation (Richard Hell)

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Like I Love You (Justin Timberlake)

Between The Buried & Me - Us & Them (Pink Floyd)

Chris Cornell - Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)

Deadsy - Paint It Black (The Rolling Stones)

Faith No More - War Pigs (Black Sabbath)

And some others.

Another one I remember, Crowbar's awesome version of "Dreamweaver" (I can't remember who does the original, but I know that I like it as well).

No idea if it's even the same song, let alone the original, but there's a Stratovarius song called Dreamweaver...

The original is the song in Wayne's World when Wayne sees Cassandra, if that helps.

Another one I remember, Crowbar's awesome version of "Dreamweaver" (I can't remember who does the original, but I know that I like it as well).

Gary Wright?

Yeah, thats the one. Kansas also do a good version, but I prefer Wright's

Faith No More - War Pigs (Black Sabbath)

And some others.

Hmmm....I much prefer Black Sabbath's War Pigs then FNM's, even though I'm a big FNM fan. I'm with you on the Dillinger Escape Plan one though.

I always enjoyed Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" best. I know some people here passionately disagree, and it's certainly a close call, but there's something in Cash's voice that I prefer.

I've never seen anyone :ohwell:

Unless he means people who disagree that Cash's is better than NIN's, which I've seen a few of (including myself, to be honest).

"Who Wants To Live Forever?" by Breaking Benjamin, originally by Queen

"Surrender" by Camp Freddy, originally by Cheap Trick

"Should I Stay or Should I Go?" by Camp Freddy, originally by The Clash

"Tainted Love" by Marilyn Manson, originally recorded by Gloria Jones, made famous by Soft Cell

"Lake of Fire" by Nirvana, originally by the Meat Puppets

"Another Girl, Another Planet" by blink-182

"The Man Who Sold The World" by Nirvana, originally by David Bowie