The Mafia Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Who’s running the next game? (Not Jim Neidhart etc etc). Enjoyed playing Quickdraw, bored shitless at work too, so count me in on whatever comes next.

These folks have expressed interest in running a game.

@Rukaru Shida - Jack of All Trades Mafia
@Mr. Meacon Moneybags- Clusterfuck Mafia
@RPS - Dog Mafia
@kurgan - TBD Mafia

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

These folks have expressed interest in running a game.

@Rukaru Shida - Jack of All Trades Mafia
@Mr. Meacon Moneybags- Clusterfuck Mafia
@RPS - Dog Mafia
@Tigerstyle - TBD Mafia

I could get my game up and running, but am open to other people running a game. 

Enjoyed my time in Quick Draw, and it looks like that's not far off finishing. I'll be down for another game soon.

Might put together something myself - been a little while since I ran a game. 

My game is good to go. I have 19 roles set up, but can swap them out pretty easily. 

Since Ruki and Meacon are quiet, I will wait a couple of hours before setting up my thread. 

• Like 3

I've enjoyed the short phases that Tiger has implemented in QD. Personally, I'd tweak them slightly so that the deadline falls in the evening in the UK (if that means running closer to 48 hrs I'd be fine with that). Would allow a better spread of times for the North American and European players on the board to be on at the same time. 

• Like 1

Yeah I like the idea of deadlines but I think 24's are a bit much. 48 hour random death deadline would feel much better. That way there's still time time to hash things out but it also doesn't drag super long.

• Like 2

48 Hours would work as well.  I think its much better than when games stall out.  It really sucks dying Day 1 or 2 and then having to wait like 2 months for the next game to start because it takes so long.  It also helps make people play less defensively because of that I think.

• Like 3

My dog game was going to have 48 hours. I was going to consistently make the deadline noon (accommodate UK and NA players). Let me know if you want to go first @Azazel.

I really didn't think a 24 hour deadline would work but I must admit, that game was fun and there was lots of discussion.

I think 48 hours is probably perfect. I was finding that I was very rarely on the board during the last 10-ish hours of the deadline each day in Quickdraw.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RPS said:

My dog game was going to have 48 hours. I was going to consistently make the deadline noon (accommodate UK and NA players). Let me know if you want to go first @Azazel.

I did kind of get boned and didn't get to run it because of the long pause in mafia, but I don't think I should be able to leapfrog the others waiting to run a game now.  While I would like to do my weird Godzilla mafia with a weird mechanic. If people would prefer I could do The Thing 2 as well, I think that would benefit with shorter game phases.

@Mx. Canadian Destroyer, @Tigerstyle thanks for the tags and keeping up with the list.

I am working on mine now, but I am a little slammed with time.  I have most of the mechanics down, but I am working on a theme.  I know this is a pro-wrestling board, and I thought about either an NXT mafia or even like a women's division mafia (kinda like the Evolution PPV) but as a history teacher, I would LOVE to do a historical conspiracy or assassination mafia (like the Lincoln assassination).  I would want people to want to play, and want to do a theme that a lot of people would like.

Either way, I am not ready to do it, but I am 100% down with playing whomever's mafia is next.  Just lemme know what you all think about the above ideas, and who would be interested in which idea and I can get the rest sorted.  

Just now, kurgan said:

@Mx. Canadian Destroyer, @Tigerstyle thanks for the tags and keeping up with the list.

I am working on mine now, but I am a little slammed with time.  I have most of the mechanics down, but I am working on a theme.  I know this is a pro-wrestling board, and I thought about either an NXT mafia or even like a women's division mafia (kinda like the Evolution PPV) but as a history teacher, I would LOVE to do a historical conspiracy or assassination mafia (like the Lincoln assassination).  I would want people to want to play, and want to do a theme that a lot of people would like.

Either way, I am not ready to do it, but I am 100% down with playing whomever's mafia is next.  Just lemme know what you all think about the above ideas, and who would be interested in which idea and I can get the rest sorted.  

I'm more than happy to play any theme. Doesn't have to have a wrestling theme :)

42 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I did kind of get boned and didn't get to run it because of the long pause in mafia, but I don't think I should be able to leapfrog the others waiting to run a game now.  While I would like to do my weird Godzilla mafia with a weird mechanic. If people would prefer I could do The Thing 2 as well, I think that would benefit with shorter game phases.

Up to you, I have no preference. I got my game good to go, but if you want to go first, let me know.