The Mafia Discussion Thread

I've considered it before, but Star Treks tend to suck at the start and get better the deeper into the series they go. My mafia games tend to start well and then sort of just trail off into cancellation. -_-

• Like 1

I feel I would probably get more excited about designing a Trek mafia game than playing one. That's the maximum outlet for geekiness right there.

Annoyingly, the one mafia game I ever designed/ran seemed a bit dull because 90% of the interesting stuff that could have happened, never did.

I blame a shit mayor and the mafia rolling over and dying really quickly. :shifty:

Someone should run a Mafia game whereby votes are cast via the alternative vote system, with people's second and third choices getting counted.

Would be a fun clusterfuck.

I blame a shit mayor and the mafia rolling over and dying really quickly. :shifty:

:( First I've heard of being a 'shit' Mayor Stokers :(

Having actually gone back to look at the thread...I must offer my apologies. While my memory had vaguely recollected something awful about the Mayor role, what it was actually thinking of was how all the potential 'special extras' around the Mayor's role never happened, either because of early Mafia kills or just bad luck in general.

I therefore amend my excuse to "I blame the mafia getting really lucky with early kills and then rolling over and dying really quickly". :shifty:

Also, my initial musings on a Star Trek mafia lead me to a key question: how big could such a game be without it just being silly and/or over-ambitious?

Might just be that with 40 people, odds are at least 15-20 are going to be active, which keeps the game going. I think like four or five people are making up 70% of the posts in there.