The Mafia Discussion Thread

Somebody needs to design a mafia game where you only ever vote in secret. :pervert:

Someone should design a baseball game without bats, balls, players, or fields.

Have you ever played Cannibals? It's a lot like mafia. We play it on another forum, and that's how they do the entire voting system. It's really bizarre. The first time I saw them play it I was like "What the fuck? You PM your votes?!"

I have to say, I've been bored. I can't say that it's either game I played recently, so much as I just can't seem to play mafia anymore (lack of ability withstanding). There's too much serious talk now. Don't get me wrong, I see the importance of such tactics, but when everyone does it, and those that don't get called out on it, it sucks the fun out.

I dunno. Perhaps I miss my glory days*#. :(

*Glory days may or may not actually exist....

#Okay, they don't.

• Like 1

Im just saying, thats got to be a blow to egos.. well.. ego. To prefer death over signing up? Kind of like how I feel about 4th ed DnD.

I was always a 3rd ed kinda guy.

Nope, I totally agree with you. I don't like it when the town has to rely on abilities alone. The primary weapon of the town should be discussion.

I really want to play mafia, but I don't have time because I always get home late after university :(. Sucks.

Probably. It's not that people don't know why it happened, more that they don't like that a day is being skipped.

I personally love beloved princesses. (No shit, they're beloved)

I understand that skipping a phase is useful when a townie implements skipping a night phase. However, the next day ends up with someone getting enough votes to be lynched at least 90% of the time. Skipping a day phase gives all of the killers in the game consecutive free shots, and essentially cripples the town when they don't even get the chance to lynch. It basically works out to the mafia having an extra day to play with and makes it way too easy for them.

Specifically, High School is a 15 player game that started at NIGHT, has 2 kills, and then skipped its 2nd day. So we're now on 3 nights and 1 day. Broken much?

I just tend to like any abilities that punish the town instead of helping them because I hate that everybody relies on them. But if you do implement them, the town better have a lot going for them as well.

Agreed, but it looks like High School's town got the Friends treatment.