The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

I like the batting order they have this season, it doens't have too many holes. So far, I've liked what I've seen from Clayton, I know he wasn't brought in to be a big hitter, but he's been doing pretty well on both sides of the ball this year. 3-2 record isn't so bad I suppose, considering we lost to Tampa is pretty embarassing. Very very early on in the season, but the AL East is looking kinda weak right now.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow they just cancelled the whole rest of the Seattle vs. Cleveland Series and out of the four games they were supposed to play from thursday on they played one but that one didnt even count since it didnt even make it to the entire fifth, granted it was just one strike away from a full game which pissed alot of people around here off. Now there are four games to make up and the teams share only 2 off days. So I just gotta say nice job to whoever scheduled Cleveland to play thier only series at home against the Mariners in the first weeks of April when who knows what will happen with Cleveland weather.

Jays bats capitalized on a generally weak KC squad for a 9-1 thumping. Nothing really new to point out there, other perhaps than the Jays capitalizing on way more opportunities than at times in other games. A.J. Burnett's performance was great on paper, but he had struggles with putting away batters between the 2nd and 4th innings. I don't know if it's a mental thing about two-strike counts or whether Glaus' poor fielding of a second inning base hit that threw him off his game, but he had some big problems with dealing with hitters down 2-strikes. He eventually settled down and actually only gave up hits to two different batters, but it's something to keep an eye on, obviously.

Jays bats capitalized on a generally weak KC squad for a 9-1 thumping. Nothing really new to point out there, other perhaps than the Jays capitalizing on way more opportunities than at times in other games. A.J. Burnett's performance was great on paper, but he had struggles with putting away batters between the 2nd and 4th innings. I don't know if it's a mental thing about two-strike counts or whether Glaus' poor fielding of a second inning base hit that threw him off his game, but he had some big problems with dealing with hitters down 2-strikes. He eventually settled down and actually only gave up hits to two different batters, but it's something to keep an eye on, obviously.
Edited by desiredtoe

I think that depends on which Zack Greinke shows up: the promising starter or the crazy guy. Quite like Odalis Perez, only replace crazy with sucky. And that is the labyrinth known as the Kansas City Royals starting rotation outside of Gil Meche.

I gotta say that I was pretty suprised to see how many people turned out to the Indians-Angels game, there was about 19000 people there. The game was just decided to be switch there in about the last 24 hours so it was amazing that they were even ready in time. Should probably help all the teams that are involved, Indians and Angels might get new fans and the Brewers may get people that would regularly come to game for regular to come and become fans.

Bad showing last night from the Jays. 4 errors, and Thomas hasn't been much of a big Hurt unless K's count.

A-Rod is seriously hot shit right now.

Hopefully Ohka gets the win against the Royals tonight, they're really a weak team.

I love the Jays order Their first 6 guys can all hit exceptionally well.

Actually Chacin gets the start. Shame about the defense last night, really made a solid Josh Towers start look worse than it really was. He had actually better stuff than Burnett, he just got let down by tired bats and some really terrible substitute fielding.

This I cannot deny. Game's in 10 minutes so I should get dinner and go plop down.

I'm hoping to head over for a game this year, get some tickets on the first base line maybe.

This I cannot deny. Game's in 10 minutes so I should get dinner and go plop down.

I'm hoping to head over for a game this year, get some tickets on the first base line maybe.

Psh. The best seats are clearly 500 level behind home plate. :D

Somewhat seconded.

I got 700 level seats behind home plate at Shea once and aside from the fact you're about as close to planes flying overhead coming in and out of LaGuardia as you are home plate it's not really that bad. At least for that price, it's not so bad anyway.

I see it like the equivalent to sitting centre ice at a hockey game. Perfect birds eye view of the game and I don't know about Shea, but if you've got seats in the top 10 rows in aisles 524 or 524a at the Rogers Centre it's not too high. Also I'm pretty sure the tickets are like 7 bucks, 2 on toonie Tuesdays. :P

Didn't see the game tonight but I'm obviously happy at the outcome. How was Chacin? The line didn't look too bad for him, 3 earned runs in 5 innings, roughly comparable to Towers last night although I'm guessing his defense wasn't as bad.

And now people will flock to the Felix bandwagon I'm sure. He has a bright future on paper and performed very well so far, but how many pitchers have we seen like this that fade away? With his high velocity and such, I'm more concerned about the health of that arm long-term.