The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

Oh shit, we already played today? And the bullpen blew it? It's odd that I should be saying this, but in 2007, that's legitimately rare. Good to see Frank Thomas do something legitimately of worth though. Now we have to beat up on Baltimore.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those three big injuries have already started to kill the Blue Jays. I mean, they were playing well, on top of the East (IIRC) and then took three injuries to every day players and now they've slid to a .500 or less than .500 record (Again off of the top of my head) After last years performance I was hoping for them to be competitive the whole year rather then the usual Blue Jay play where they are on fire for a month or two which sends them into competition with the Yanks and or Sox but then they just drop off and seemingly die and give up.

Hopefully they can pull through with a decent record while recovering. If they stay heathly, I still doubt they have a shot at the playoffs (especially like always, with the Sox and Yankee teams) but still, it'd be nice to see some exciting meaningful ball games when I attend.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Good news, the Jays have a legitimate excuse for their .500 record thus far.

Bad news, this was supposed to be THE YEAR.

Good news, CBC is broadcasting 8 games this year.

Better news, they'll be called by Jim Hughson - the guy from the EA Sports Triple Play series. I'm just a little too young to remember when he did games for TSN, so it'll be weird to watch him call a game without shilling for Refreshing Iced Gravy.

Sadly, the Yankees disappoint again. We really need to do something about our pitching and we need to do it fast.

The worst part about that was I had Lugo on the bench for my fantasy team. I thought I put him in for today's game, but that was for tomorrow. :(

I seriously hate the Red Sox and every time we lose to them, I die a little inside.

Yanks drop four in a row to the Red Sox, seven in a row overall.

As a Boston fan, I'm totally loving it.

Oh yeah, the Yanks have no pitching whatsoever anymore. Pettitte couldn't go five innings, and Mariano Rivera got pulled after one out, a couple earned runs, and leaving the bases loaded. That's really really bad.

Yanks drop four in a row to the Red Sox, seven in a row overall.

As a Boston fan, I'm totally loving it.

Oh yeah, the Yanks have no pitching whatsoever anymore. Pettitte couldn't go five innings, and Mariano Rivera got pulled after one out, a couple earned runs, and leaving the bases loaded. That's really really bad.

Toronto's having a big pitching problem of their own. Like every year, there's not really anyone consistant enough outside of Halliday. Burnette I don't like but he gets the job done... ish. Also with injuries to Zaun(hate), Glaus(man-love) and Ryan(love) it knocks some wind out of their sails.

But damn, how bout those Orioles.