Download Festival

ravenjuice

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my girlfreind got our tickets last night, it came to a total of £314.95 with a locker, handling fees and postage.

I can't wait :D

The only thing I know about Motley Crue is that the lead singer died for a while and Eugene Mirman did a mildly funny mock-up on them.

And you can scratch that first one, it was the bassist <_<

I'd love to go to this to see Maiden, Dream Theater and Shadows Fall to name but a few, but it really doesn't look likely. I'm aiming for Wacken moreso, but that doesn't look too likely either.

I have a Dimmu album. Never really got into it. I'll give it another bash though, considering.

And Enter Shikari are like.. New.. Rave... Metal.. according to my mate.

Argh I fucking hate genres.

Dimmu are definitely worth another look. Which album is it, out of interest?

Enter Shikari...I'm actually surprised with their debut album. I think it's actually really good. Nothing amazingly original, it's just kinda....screamy...and riffy...with 'dance' (not really) blips and such. It's worth checking out. Apparantly they're excellent live. Many a glow stick.

Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

As each day goes by, I really want to go to this. :(

Bowling For Soup - I'm not overly a fan, but they're alright for a laugh.

Bring Me The Horizon - They're fucking shite. As has been said, they're just a fad for the "HARDxCORE" scenesters.

Buckcherry - Awesome.

Devil Driver - I've not actually heard much of them, but what I have has been great.

Chimaira - The only thing I've seen by them is an "on the road" rockumentary on Scuzz. It was fair good.

Dimmu Borgir - Should be immense.

DragonForce - Just incredible. My favourite 00's band, without a doubt. They'd be awesome if they don't fuck up. >_>

Dream Theater - I'd cream for Home live.

Enter Shikari - They are really, really terrible. See BMTH.

Evanescence - Eh, I'm not overly a fan, but they've got a few alright tracks.

Gallows - Not heard a lot of their stuff, but they haven't impressed me.

Job For A Cowboy - In the same boat as Bring Me The Horizon.

Killswitch Engage - Could be very, very good. My Last Serenade live would be immense.

Korn - Either will be very good, or very bad.

Lamb Of God - I was meant to be seeing them in February, but that plan fell through. Redneck is an awesome song.

Machine Head - Seasons Wither = <3. Would be great.

Marilyn Manson - I don't care how much of a bad rep he gets, Marilyn Manson is fucking great.

Megadeth - Probably my favourite band of all time. Would love to see 'em live.

Mötley Crüe - It's The Crue!

Slayer - See above, only with more "It's Slayer~!"

Shadows Fall - They're very good. One of the pioneers of metalcore, and you can see their influence in bands like Killswitch and Lamb of God.

Stone Sour - Stone Sour > Slipknot. I'd love to see 'em live.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Only heard two tracks. Can't say I was overly impressed.

Turbonegro - I've never heard anything by Turbonegro, but have heard only good stuff about them.

Unearth - Again, I've never given them a listen. Supposedly they're very good.

Velvet Revolver - Urgh. I don't really like them. Slither was an alright track, but nothing else impresses me.

Within Temptation - Their first two singles were very good, but have done nothing great since.

Wolfmother - It's F'n Wolfmother. Great band.

I've already seen Maiden live and was kinda disappointed, so I'd love to see them play some classics at Download. I'd completely forget seeing MCR, but I'd regret not seeing Famous Last Words. Linkin Park are very forgetable.

Here's my two cents on whats on so far:

Bowling For Soup - I like some of their songs, its catchy pop punk with funny lyrics, good for a laugh.

Bring Me The Horizon - Not my bag really, appreciate some of their stuff, but not a fan, too much look not enough love for music.

Buckcherry - I have an old Metal Hammer CD with one of their songs on, it also had Linchpin by Fear Factory on, the song rocked from what I remember.

Devil Driver - Probably the best band on last year, and had possible the biggest pit I've seen in my life, it was the width of the entire Snickers Tent, they even had Phil Anselmo on stage just drinking with them. And they play two days in a row which was awesome.

Chimaira - The new album is pretty fucking solid, should be good to see em live again.

Dimmu Borgir - One word, it'll be EPIC.

DragonForce - Blah, lame as technical hair metal. Boring.

Dream Theater - EPIC once again.

Enter Shikari - More catchier than BMTH, but still shit.

Evanescence - Wank metal. Boring.

Gallows - Decent British metal tinted punk, a decent band.

Iron Maiden - Saw em at Leeds & Reading in 05, they were cool to watch.

Job For A Cowboy - Blastbeats ahoy, the newer stuff has less of the 'Bree' cheese and more of the dying fetus heaviness.

Killswitch Engage - A good metal band to watch live.

Korn - No arsed, the Korn Allstars from last year was more fun.

Lamb Of God - Hopefully they'll play well live this year, I'll be in the pit never the less.

Linkin Park - Not arsed, boring.

Machine Head - My pick for band of the festival, going to be amazing. Haven't seen em live since the Supercharger tour.

Marilyn Manson - Puts ona damn good fucking show, I'll be entertained.

My Chemical Romance - Saw them years ago on their first UK tour, really don't give a shit now.

Megadeth - I want them to play 'Crush Em', but I know they won't :(

Mötley Crüe - It'll be a fun novelty to watch the Crue, kinda like Axel's Tribute band last year.

Slayer - Slayer kicked ass at Ozzfest 2002 in the same place, doubt it'll be as in your face as then though.

Shadows Fall - An excellent metalcore band, can't wait to see em live again.

Stone Sour - Hopefully play more of their earlier album which I really enjoyed.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - If Paul Allen doesn't play 'It's Hip To Be Square' by Huey Lewis & the News, I'll be disappointed.

Turbonegro - GODS AMONGST MEN. Kicked ass at Leeds/Reading 05, can't wait to see them again.

Unearth - One band I'm still dying to see live, this will be amazing.

Velvet Revolver - I don't care for em, they're boring.

Within Temptation - See that other woman goth band comment above.

Wolfmother - Never heard any songs, but heard promising things.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

On much talking with my mate last night, I think I'm fucking Download off and going to Hellfest instead.

The coach deal is awesome, £200 which includes coach & ferry travel to France, and the Festival Ticket. (Tickets for the 3 days festival are £70 on their own).

And the line up kicks royal arse if you like good metal, some of hopeful highlights....

Slayer / Dream Theater / Megadeth / Type O Negative / Mastodon / Chimaira / Dark Tranquility / Bloodsimple / Scarve / Heavenly / Manigance / Mumakil / Mistaken Element / Ufych Sormeer / Primal Age / Kaizen / Lyzanxia / Destinity / Hacride / Impureza / Downfall / Zero Mentality / The Set Up / Immortal / Emperor / Korn / Machine Head / Kreator / Blind Guardian / Within Temptation / Therion / Mayhem / Edguy / Hatebreed / Cannibal Corpse / Napalm Death / Pain Of Salvation / Moonspell / Epica / Lamb Of God / Cynic / After Forever / Unearth / Neurosis / Children Of Bodom / Converge / Brujeria / Amon Amarth / Vader / Heaven Shall Burn / Earth Crisis / Brutal Truth / Atheist / Comeback Kid / Behemoth / Korpiklaani / Walls Of Jericho / Aborted / Kickback / Sworn Enemy / 1349 / Secrets Of The Moon / Parkway Drive / Animosity / Orthodox / Misery Index / Dew-Scented / Salem / Coldworker / The Arrs / Fubar / Furia / Dylath Leen / Imply In All / Elipsis / Homestell / Ephel Duath / Moho / Interlock / Slit / Gutworm / Tromatized Youth

Slayer: Saw em at Ozzfest 2002, kicked ass, not on my must see list.

Megadeth: Never been a big dan. Cruch Em was the only thing I ever like by them >_>

Chimaria: Seen them 4 times, they having wrote anything solid for 2 albums now.

Within Temptation: I fucking hate goth chick rock.

Blind Guardian: I'm a Manowar man.

Children of Bodom: Some of there stuff is good, just never realy appealed to me.

And I fucking hate Type O Negative and always have.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got an E-Mail with stages and a whole load of new bands and stuff.

Looks alright.. but the running order for the Friday is a disgrace.

It's probably at the official website. Check it out.