What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I didn't give it a chance because there's literally only one thing I ever find myself watching on SpikeTV, and that's watching TNA in an on-again-off-again sort of deal. I never saw many promos for Afro Samurai, so I.. didn't know about it until after it was done.

Sweeney Todd 8/10 (Quite possibly 8.5)

Sweeney Todd is great FUN. Johnny Depp is very good, Alan Rickman is as watchable and entertaining as ever, Timothy Spall and they guy who is Borat are good in small roles, and the other acting is good. The main plus points from the acting however come from Helena Bonham Carter, who is excellent, and Ed Sanders, who gives one of the best (and most disturbing) child performances in ages. Everyone sings very competently too.

Anyway, this is just a fun, fun FUN film with lots of blood and gore and some decent humour at times (mostly from a Depp expression or Rickman smirking.... he has the funniest smirk ever.....)

Sweeney Todd is a damn good film, and the only hampering's are a dull opening twenty minutes, and a few too many annoying and/or pointless songs in the opening half, but this is a non-problem later in the film. Just good stuff.

Charlie Wilson's War 8/10

This just makes an 8 out of 10. Its a GOOD film, but with an excellent script. Its a damn funny script too, its funnier than most Hollywood 'comedies' these days. Tom Hanks is very good, Philip Seymour Hoffman is excellent, but you probably didn't need telling that that'd be the case. Well worth checking out.

Edited by James timMAYy

Why would a rhinoceros have anything to do with the ten commandments? >_>

"Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness"

The rhino's name was "The Lyin' Rhino" so there you go. I went to see The Ten in theaters. I will give you the second story, that was kinda dumb. But the third story! That was hilarious.

Also, UH-OH! Someone has a different opinion, damn douchebag.

What the fuck are you talking about?

3:10 To Yuma - 9/10

I am on a roll, for the most part, watching insanely great movies. This makes me pleased. Okay, allow me to start by saying that if you don't have the ending of Yuma figured out in the first 20 minutes you're not trying very hard. There is nothing here that is revolutionary or new at all. Suffice it to say that the movie is so well made, the story is quite engaging, the acting is top notch, and that this is just a stellar film from top to bottom. I couldn't recomend this film highly enough if I tried. Unless the western genre or good movies are things you absolutely hate, this is a movie everyone should check out.

Edited by Mr. Perfect TGC

The rhino's name was "The Lyin' Rhino" so there you go. I went to see The Ten in theaters. I will give you the second story, that was kinda dumb. But the third story! That was hilarious.

Juno - 8/10

It was a bit too overbearing in the first frames, but the movie becomes more and more touching and despite its quirks, it definitely feels real. Ellen Page is great at being both sarcastic and closed off and at the same time just as vulnerable and it's an amazing performance. And everyone else fit fantastically with the movie including Jennifer Garner, who really surprised me the most. I expected greatness out of everyone except her. And mostly everything Zero said, though, the dialogue did get a bit too one-linery at times. Still, I even bought that as the nature of Juno's character to be smarmy. Just a solid movie all around.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I didn't make it nearly that far. Oddly enough I was curious yesterday, so I learned that CRITICS SEEMED TO REALLY LIKE THIS MOVIE! Fucking douchebags.

Oh right right right. That was me being stupid and joking. I think we all know who the real douchebag is now, huh?

I actually watched The Ten recently, and I thought it was decent at least. The story with the cat scans and the story with the ventriloquist were hilarious, but the others weren't really that special. I liked it alot less than I did Wet Hot American Summer and Stella, but I didn't think it was terrible. I'd give it a 6/10.

Concerning 3:10 To Yuma

My only problem with 3:10 was the ending...why the hell would Russell Crowe's character go along with what Bale's character was doing the whole time? It just went against what they had established about him, and I didn't completely buy it. Still a good movie with fantastic acting, and the end is still the best part of the movie...that just irked me a bit, personally.

Concerning 3:10 To Yuma

My only problem with 3:10 was the ending...why the hell would Russell Crowe's character go along with what Bale's character was doing the whole time? It just went against what they had established about him, and I didn't completely buy it. Still a good movie with fantastic acting, and the end is still the best part of the movie...that just irked me a bit, personally.

Juno 8/10

I know I have a tendency to overrate movies immediately after seeing them (as seen by the score I gave Cloverfield, which was probably a spot too high), but here I really think I'm underrating it. Just a great, funny, heartwarming movie. I reccomend it to anyone. I just wish I had met a girl like Juno in high school, because my ass would have fallen hard.

The Ten: 1/10

I also watched The Ten recently, though only because my brother works at a video store and he gets free rentals, so not having to PAY for it I gave it a chance. But this movie was horrible. There was nothing funny about it, except maybe the Winona Rider/dummy story (and Oliver Platt as an absurd Ah-nold imitator). As a whole the movie made me feel dumber for having watched it.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.

9/10, it was fucking awesome. That's all you can really say, it's not like it had a deep plotline to discuss or anything, it's fucking AvP.

It is, however, just about the only sequel in forever that is actually better than the original.

You know what, I was going to write a post about how wrong you are until I realised you're pretty much completely right, I can't even think of one film that was a sequel (that wasn't intended to be part of a trilogy or something) in the last couple or so years that was genuinely better, and considering the fucking volume of sequels, that's impressive.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.

9/10, it was fucking awesome. That's all you can really say, it's not like it had a deep plotline to discuss or anything, it's fucking AvP.

It is, however, just about the only sequel in forever that is actually better than the original.

You know what, I was going to write a post about how wrong you are until I realised you're pretty much completely right, I can't even think of one film that was a sequel (that wasn't intended to be part of a trilogy or something) in the last couple or so years that was genuinely better, and considering the fucking volume of sequels, that's impressive.

Terminator 2 over 1 for me everytime.

Anyhoo, watched Coach Carter last night. Didn't think I'd like it because of the "teacher tames rough school" thing begin overdone but I loved it. Funny, and made you care about its characters. My girlfriend cried at the bit where the the scrawny gangster one has to do like a million shuttle runs then they all help him out, which I didn't find particularly heart-wrenching but there you go.