What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Forgotten - 5/10

This was a very weird movie and even though I understood it, I didn't like it. There were like two or three "jump in your seat" moments but that's about it. Didn't care for much of the acting either.

A few films I watched over the past few days:

B00005JLTN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Matrix Reloaded - 8/10 or (***) Still quite awesome. If you're a Matrix fan, pick up the 10 disc DVD box set of the whole trilogy (plus The Animatrix) when it comes out December 7th.

B00005MEV2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Joe Dirt - 7/10 or (**1/2) Spade actually does a good job here as opposed to his other films where he just does terrible jokes (excluding his movies with Farley).

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-9/10

This was simply the best movie I have watched all year. It's the first time watching it(I kicked myself in the head when I went all the way to a town 2 hours away to watch it to only find out that they had just pulled it), so I had my chance today when I was in Hastings looking for something to rent. Worth the 3.69 I spent on it(returning it tomorrow unless my neighbors want to watch it), and I am definately going to pick this DVD up when I get the money for it. Carrey is brilliant in it, as are the rest of the cast. I connected to a lot of things and has affected the way I think about the world(which in my book are the greatest films of all time.)

230292.1020.A.jpg

Friday Night Lights

I'm tempted to give it a 10/10, but thats because I can really relate to the movie. If you played HS football, or had anything to do with it, this movie is going to kick your ass.

I'll give it a 9-9.5. I laughed, I (almost) cried, and I wanted to suit up and hit someone.

Just a bad ass movie.

B00009ATK1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Live From Baghdad - 7.5/10 or (***) An awesome original movie that does a good job at depicting the Gulf War. Helena Bonham Carter has become the Rachel Weisz lite (as in she's good at her performance but not as known as Weisz).

mptv1.gif

Ladder 49 - 8.2 / 10 - An extremely good movie, I enjoyed it. It was pretty sad, everyone I went to cried, except me of course :). Anyways, I would tell people to check it out.

The Forgotten - 6.5/10

Decent thriller, with the usual "saw it coming" kinda stuff. Might've been a better movie with better acting and some of the stuff was just too contrived. Although its a good movie to take a girl to go see since she'll be looking to you for protection during the "jump in your seat" scenes. :)

B0002I83Z4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Coffee and Cigarettes - ***1/2

If one were to judge the Jim Jarmusch film Coffee and Cigarettes purely in relation to it's time of production, it could be considered a collossal disappointment. The movie was filmed over a 17 year period, in the form of several different short films. The product of this massive effort is a film that is perplexing. At points, the poignancy and realism is awestriking, more specifically in the scenes involving RZA, GZA, Bill Murray, Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Alfred Molina, Steve Coogan and Cate Blanchett. Others, including the ones featuring Vinny Vella, Joe Rigano, Alex Descas, Isaach De Bankolé and Renee French, are flat. Still, the overall product is very worthy of admittance, making this an altogether enjoyable feature. Thumbs up.

Edited by Jar Jar Beatnik

saved.jpg

Saved! - 7.5/10. I was in shock of how much I actually liked this movie. It was funny when it needed to be and wasn't when it didn't. I watched it out of boredom and now I'm glad I watched it.

poster.jpg

Walking Tall - 5/10. Typical Action/Comedy. Not horrible but I was expecting a bit more.

Next up for me: Ferenhuit 9/11 & Eternal Sunshine

Edited by Corizzle

Ladder 49 - 7/10

Decent and better than average movie, not great though and I was actually kind of disappointed since I was really looking for great things from this movie. I may be overrating it, and but for now that's what I'll go with. It was enjoyable though, and I'd see it again (not necissarily in theaters) but wouldn't buy the DVD.

B00005A3KS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Point Break - 7.5/10 or (***) This is quite an awesome action flick, not to mention home of some of my favorite quotes in film history. Let me give you a little sample of those:

"And on top of that, they got me babysitting some quarterback punk, named Johnny Unitas or something. "

"I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino, I should have had you get me three of these things!"

"22 years. Man, L.A. has changed a lot during that time. The air got dirty and the sex got clean."

"Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true."

6305417830.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Simple Plan - 7/10 or (**1/2) A good if not solid thriller. Its vileness equals to a quality story worth watching.

0767805712.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gattaca - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) A sci-fi flick that's quite original and pretty intriguing. Most of you can consider this a modern cult classic.

B0000WN1PO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Grind - 5/10 or (**) Upon second viewing, I realized more of the film's stupidity. Still, I keep the grade for the cameos by Bam Margera and Tom Green, those hot chicks, and Adam Brody.

B00005JKZM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Clockstoppers - 5.5/10 or (**) It had a very weak first act, but followed it up with two pretty decent subsequent acts. All of that equals up to a meh flick.

Friday Night Lights - 9.5/10

I can really only describe this movie as simply awesome. Who knew Tim McGraw could play such a good abusive father? Highest recommendation: I'd definitely see it again and will be getting the DVD when it comes out.