What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Guest Cereal Killer

Be Cool: 5/10

Cedric the Entertainer & Vince Vaughn made this movie enjoyable but still nowhere near the original in terms of being a solid movie.

Guest Cereal Killer

5591_poster_thumb.jpg

Manic: 7/10

This was a solid flick that I don't believe was out in theatres (and if so, not many) and came out in 2001. It's basically a story about a counselor (Cheadle) and how he tries to help a bunch of kids in a mental institution.

I've finally decided to just scrap the star ratings scale. I'll just go with the regular 1-10 scale instead.

B00000K0E5.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Goldeneye - 8/10

What are you to do when you finally settle a lawsuit and get in shape for a new James Bond movie, complete with a new actor playing Bond? If you're the Broccolis and MGM, you help create one of Bond's better chapters. The film plays off everything a James Bond film needs, innuendo, great action, solid plot, sexy Bond chicks, and great one-liners for the spy from Her Majesty's Secret Service. Of course, it also helps to have good actors backing up lead Pierce Brosnan as Sean Bean, Famke Janssen, Izabella Scorpuco, and Alan Cumming all serve great purpose in this thriller. Three stars for getting back to what Bond needed to be.

B00006LPH6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Juwanna Mann - 4/10

In what is a cliche sports comedy that serves up unfunny gags by the dozen, Juwanna Mann does have its off-moment of hilarity, mostly coming from Kevin Pollak who is right at home as a smarmy agent. However, the mix of cliche and morbidity takes away Pollak's good lines, placing most of the film as an unfunny mess. One and a half stars for having Pollak, but hardly not enough of him.

Robtos: 7/10

If the Star Wars Episode Trailer was not shown: 6.5/10 Good movie though, definently not Pxar material but it was better then Shark Tale.

The Day after Tomorrow 6.5/10

One of those films thats neither good, nor bad. Very much watchable, but nothing spectacular, and nothing I'd go out of my way to see again. Still, can easily sit through it once with no real complaints.

Guest John Kerry's Evil Twin

The Girl Next Door: 7.5/10 Hilarious movie, though I was kinda pissed that they didn't actually show Elisha's tits.

Jackass: The Movie: 8.5/10 Basically just an extended episode of the TV show, but still great. I loved the TV show Jackass, and I love Viva La Bam and Wild Boys. Best part was when they took golf carts and crashed them into each other.

B00003CY5P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Crazy/Beautiful - 5/10

Crazy/Beautiful just reeks of a concept with missed opportunity and potential. My biggest gripe is the plot, which looks like a very good basis for indy work but feels far too cut out to work with a PG-13 rating. The performances aren't particularly great, as Dunst feels more like an annoyance than a progressing person and while Hernandez is charming, his acting leaves something to be had. Another gripe from me is the lack of real conflict in the romance, or nothing truly driving them away from each other. Odd romantic comedies like Secretary made this conflict work perfectly and make the romance feel true and loving, while this film just makes it bland. I'll give it some credit for having a look and style that would be represented later in films like Thirteen, but the story and romance just doesn't work.

B0001GF2EM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Great Escape - 9/10

Pure brilliant. Classic stuff from start to finish, not a single dull moment for me. Cant say much else for the film because it's simply just great.

B00005JMDW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Club Dread - 8/10

Still a favourite of mine. Second time I've seen it now and it's still awesome. Jordan Ladd is sexy as heck, so damn cute in this. Pretty funny film at times too with some good scenes, overall a pretty damn good movie.

B00004W9CC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Octopussy - 9/10

Finally got the watch the entire thing. Probably my favourite Bond movie actually, some awesome scenes in this one. Roger Moore is excellent like usual too. Action all over the place which makes it a damn entertaining film.

B00000K0E5.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Goldeneye - 8.5/10

Just a step behind Octopussy, but a damn good film. Still like Brosnan big time in his first Bond film, played it brilliantly too. The Tina Turner theme song is awesome as well. Very good film overall.

As it turns out, they take the "No Acmission Under 17 without Parent or Guardian" rule seriously. So, instead of seeing what I wanted to see, Constantine, I saw Will Smith's latest...

B00005JNPZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hitch - 6/10

From director Andy Tennant, who has seemingly become an expert at turning cliche into mon-ay, comes the Will Smith vehicle Hitch. At first glance, the flick brings out nothing new to the genre, essentially being another romantic comedy in the sea of them. However, Hitch relies more heavily on performance and on snappier writing that breathes some bit of fresh air to the otherwise cliche material given. Of course, Smith charms in his role, as he has found himself to do in nearly every film he's been in (of course, forgetting the totally crappy Wild Wild West). Ohter cast charmers include Eva Mendes, who plays a solid rom-com lead in (and one that could get men to pay attention as well), and Kevin James, who relishes at the screen time he is given. Overall, while it doesn't really break any bit of ground in genre whatsoever, Hitch is a pretty enjoyable feature that does serve the purpose of entertaining well.

I, Robot 7.5/10

After about 45 mins, I'd checked the clock a few times, and was thinking this was ok, but nothing special, I was going to say something similar to what I did about the Day after Tomorrow. Then, it suddenly came good! It builds into a very good climax (oh, very funny.......), and was hugely enjoyable - I didn't check the clock again! And for a summer blockbuster, it was actually pretty damn clever for a film of its kind. Would have probably got an 8, if it were not for the opening third.

Super Size Me 8/10

A very good film, and funny in places. I fancied a burger halfway through, but I'm not sure I could face one now......