What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Wrong Turn 5/10 For a film like this, I'd like to bring out the ol' pros and cons system.

Pros:

• Eliza Dushku
    *drools*
  • Well, it's short
  • The other chick was kinda hot too

Cons:

• No nudity for Dushku ARRGHHH!
  • The film wasn't really scary, IMO
  • depicting Southerners as people that apparently have only three teeth (and that's not mentioning the mutated Southerners)

Femme Fatale 7/10 A decent flick, watchable because of Rebecca Romijn.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Guest Sean O'Haire

Wrong Turn- 7/10

The movie was ok, but to outlandish in spots. I just couldn't get into it.

Gothika- 9/10

The movie had me creeping out by the end, loved it.

Pirates of the Caribbean- 9.3/10

Johnny Depp is awesome in the movie, and it is a must see from me.

Jackass the Movie- 6/10

You know going in that it is stupid, and they capture just that. Funny, though.

Phone Booth- 7/10

I liked the movie, just hated having the whole thing stay in one phone booth.

Liar Liar- 8/10

I found it quite funny, and I think you would too.

Been gone for longer than I thought I would be, but this is what I saw in that time...

Eyes Of The Serpent - * or (2/10) - (N)

Around The World In 80 Days - ** or (4.5/10) - (N)

Mallrats - **** or (8/10) - (Y)

The Stepford Wives - *1/2 or (3/10) - (N)

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - ***** or (9.5/10) - (Y)

Equilibrium - *** or (6/10) - (Y)

The Matrix Reloaded - *** or (6.5/10) - (Y)

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story - **1/2 or (5/10) - (N)

Eurotrip - ***1/2 or (7/10) - (Y)

Chasing Amy - ***** or (9.5/10) - (Y)

-------

I'm not really in a position where I can write a full review on Harry Potter right now, but I will say that it is the only one I liked out of the 3. I kind of attribute that to the actors being older now. I didn't find it too much darker....but it did feel a tad different. I'd say that has to do with the change in director. It was fun, for the most part, although I thought that it could have been way shorter. It felt every second of the 150 minute running time.

Hopefully the next one will be as good. Although I don't really know how they get everything from a 500 page book into a movie.

Edited by Numbahs

Been gone for longer than I thought I would be, but this is what I saw in that time...

Eyes Of The Serpent - * or (2/10) - (Y)

Just asking, how can you give a film a * out of ***** and still have it recommended?

That will do it, Numbahs(for the harry potter review), before you go, good luck on your next Harry Potter viewings :smug: (4, 5, and 6)

Before I go, need to ask you a question, is Mike Newell a good director??

I watched the ring: 6.5/10

Edited by Laice_

Before I go,  need to ask you a question, is Mike Newell a good director??

Actually, Newell is a very good director, perhaps better than Cuaron, although comparing their movies is hard. What really counts is that screenwriter Steve Cloves is back for a fourth film. Look him up on RottenTomatoes.com, he's really the ace in Harry Potter's hole (oh yes, it was intended that way). He's got his work cut out for him though, while it's a great book, Goblet of Fire will be hard to adapt to the screen properly, and they decided to only do one movie for it. Hopefully they do Order of the Phoenix in two parts, because while Azkaban was a great movie, it was a terrible adaptation of the book.

Thanks for the info., and I do agree with you about Azkaban. But I also heard they will explain some of the things in later movies. We'll just see.

I've got two films for you today:

Devil In The Flesh (1997) 5/10 I've already reviewed this.

Exotica (1994) 6.5/10 Mia Kirshner. Stripping. More than once. I'm there at least four times. Plus, this film is slightly better, IMO, than the softcore-ish stripper movies I've seen in the past.

*cough*Showgirls*cough*

In America - 9/10 Made me cry. :blush:

The Professional - 7/10 Pretty cool movie.

Zoolander - 4.5/10 All the points are for the orange mocha frappacino/gasoline fight part, an unbelievably funny scene in a crap movie.

Edited by cthemason

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story - 7/10

This was a funny movie with alot of good parts. Stiller may play similar roles but he was pretty damn funny in this one. Vince Vaughn was good, as well.