What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Bubba Ho-Tep: 9/10

It's a horror Mummy movie. It's an Elvis pic. It's a movie that deals with the isolation that the older generation feels and deals with. Perhaps most of all, it's a funny, touching, and out and out enjoyable piece of cinema that makes you feel good after watching it. Bruce Campbell and Ossie Davis make magic on the screen together, as Elvis and JFK repectably, and there scenes together are gold.

Also, "Don't fuck with The King, baby" is without a doubt the coolest line in the film.

TGC

Cheaper by the Dozen-

What can be said besides the fact it's a stinker. The moral seemed to be if you make a life changing experience and you struggle with it quit and go back to your old life. Had no redeeming factors.

2/10

Beverly Hills Ninja 5/10

Meh, I liked it better as a kid.

Mallrats 8/10

This combines three things I mark for:

1. Jason Lee movies

2. Kevin Smith movies

3. teen comedies

This film combines it well, the way only Kevin Smith films fit.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B00005JMY7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Stepford Wives - 4/10

I'd just narrowly missed Saved (which I wasn't exactly excited at the prospect of either), so instead of waiting an hour for Chronicles of Riddick (which would be weird for me not having seen Pitch Black), I checked out this film. The Stepford Wives is a comedy/drama/thriller from Frank Oz, the guy who brought you Yoda. Seriously, his day job is puppetry in film. This is also based on a bad movie from the 1970's, and a novel from Ira Levin, the author who's novel Rosemary's Baby was adopted to screen by Hollywood psycho/pervert/pedophile Roman Polanski. So I guess a puppeteer is actually a step up. This film however, is not a step up from anything. When one adapts a bad movie from the 1970's, it would probably be a good idea to change those parts that affected the original adversely, but Paul Rudnick doesn't do this with his screenplay. With poor scripting, it is up to the actors to save this film, and from a single glance at the cast, one would think this is entirely impossible. Unfortunately, Nicole Kidman is the only thing charming about the film, and the other cast members (including Matthew Broderick, Christopher Walken, Glenn Close and Bette Midler) are mearly furthering the one dimensional stereotypical characters they portray. It seems as though Kidman has become completely inept at choosing her own films anymore. Thumbs down.

Chronicals of Riddick: 5/10

First 30 minutes were great, leading to a great plot which gets thrown away...the actors are pretty much one-dimensional and some of the effects are laughable. Vin Diesel is good though, but if they only went deeper into the plot, the movie would have been a bit better. Go watch Harry Potter instead. Really :shifty:

how_to_deal_ver2.jpg

How to Deal: 0/10

So what happens when every TV in the house is taking, the main computer is taking and your using the laptop on the couch. You can't help but watch the movie in front of you. My mother fucking eyes and ego. :(

How to Deal: 0/10

So what happens when every TV in the house is taking, the main computer is taking and your using the laptop on the couch. You can't help but watch the movie in front of you. My mother fucking eyes and ego. :(

Uh-oh, yousa gonna make Numbahs angry.

Uh-oh, yousa gonna make Numbahs angry.

Ya well the movie made me angry so all is fair.

narc.jpg

Narc: 10/10

Wow that was probably the best Liota performance I've ever seen. Even better then Goodfellas. Patric was awesome too and this was definetly in my top 5 of the greatest movies ever. I loved it.

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban: 5/10

Spoilers for people who care

-Buckbeak- For me, this was one of the most well done parts of the film.

-The Dementors- I liked these, as they made them look as different as possible from the Nazgul in LOTR, yet JKR described them as almost the same. The freezing bit when they got near was also a nice extra

-Stan (young guy on the bus)- He was well played in my opinion, as was quite a bit of this scene

Dislikes:

-The opening- It basically went like this:

"I'm Vernon's brother"

"Can you sign my form?"

"You suck Harry"

"No I don't" (Aunt blows up)

"I'm going"

It went for all of 5 minutes, and if you hadn't read the book, you might not have got this scene fully.

-The fact that everything jumped from one thing to another and there wasn't much flow between scenes and stuff

-The mistakes- Through one viewing of the film, I could see about 5 of them, though, this isn't a big thing

-The characters- Not the actual characters themselves, but the changing of them (eg. Flitwick has suddenly grown a moustache and black hair) and the fact that people like McGonagall got to say about 2 lines, while some random kid (eg. the big, black one) got more of a part, yet he hadn't been seen before

I could come up with more, but I can't remember much of what I have. People are saying this is better than the first two, and if it is, just barely.

Edited by Zaz

National Lampoon's Van Wilder 6/10 Better than those sex comedies NL made in the past but most definitely not up to their comedic peak seen with films like Animal House and Vacation.

SLC Punk! Only saw the first ten minutes but it looked good.

Now I watched two other movies but one is a Shannon Tweed movie and the other is a Dolph Lundgren film so I don't really need to rate them.

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind:

I actually found a theater that played it(a very old theater mind you). This film was absolutely amazing. The story was able to take me in with empathic jestures of the sacred value of memories, and how people always seem to remember the good ones a little bit more. This trait was mixed with the magic of lucid dreaming brought to reality with a little leap of science fiction. It was the epitomy of waking up early in the morning, drifting in and out of sleep, in and out of dreams, and with this ability being able to almost control your dreams and almost recognize that you are in one. Eternal Sunshine on the spotless mind takes this beautiful thing and mixes it with the lucid dream of a soon lost love, and it hits right on with the notion of true love existing only when it is gone or, worse even, fading away, soon to be out of reach. I'm proud that I saw this movie, too bad it faded away to quickly to become successful. Hopefully it will win some oscars.

9.5/10

Oh Zaz....*takes wand out*

EXPECTO PATRONUM

All in good fun :P