What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Today I've watched:

Vegas Vacation 6.5/10 - Decently funny and pretty good to watch in the middle of the day.

National Lampoon's Vacation 8.5/10 - IMO, the first funny dark comedy.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

28 Days Later- 8/10. I liked it, even though some of the people watching it with me didn't. In my opinion, it had a great storyline.

Kill Bill Vol. 1- 8/10. Good movie. The fighting scenes were nice and I will most likely watch the second, but the fact that Uma Thurman looks like a man in some shots and that she single handedly defeated the Crazy 88 (I know she was a good fighter and all, and had a great sword, but :/)

Battle Royale- 8.5/10. I enjoyed it a lot, and will enjoy it even more after I have finished reading the book. Even though some of the acting as a bit shoddy, it was well made overall. Shogo Kawada > *

Beetlejuice - 8/10

I love this movie so much. The only real shame is Keaton is hardly on screen though he is the title character and amazing in his role.

Rocky- 6/10

Rocky 4-9/10

Great Music, Great Acting, Great Story, great everything. One of my favorite movies of all time. I love how Draco does so little talking but plays such a major role in the movie. And his character is so memorable.

Edited by Scythe

The Rulse of Attraction 9/10 - About the 8th time I've watched it and it still is a great mix of shock value, drama, and comedy (the romp to George Michael's "Faith" and Dick's breakdown is especially hilarious).

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Marzipan

7/10

Meh...better than I expected, not being a fan and all, but nothing too spectacular. The whole "back in time" sequence made so little sense that it really brought the whole movie down.

poster.jpg

Super Size Me - 9/10

I can't remember another documentary that combines entertainment value with impactfulness so well. From director Morgan Spurlock, Super Size Me chronicles a 30 day period over which Spurlock eats a complete 3 meal McDiet. Interspliced with this odd adventure is Spurlock's manifesto, railing against both the fast food chains themselves as well as those who have allowed themselves to become completely dependant on them. The most unique part of this documentary is it's unbiased presentation. Mr. Spurlock is openly a fan of fast food. In fact, he has a discussion with his girlfriend in which he rails her for suggesting he drop meat entirely. He also doesn't pull many punches towards the group who tried to sue McDonald's, implying that their intentions were entirely monotary based. On the other hand, he does attack the irresponsible manner in which fast food companies have presented themselves as the easy alternative to all 3 meals of the day. I won't say too much more about the movie so as to let you watch it fresh, but I can't stress enough how much I recommend this documentary. With so much focus on the upcoming Fahrenheit 9/11, allow me to suggest that this film is perhaps more important in its content. While Michael Moore's upcoming film presents a moral dilemna in deciding who shall govern the United States for the next 4 years, Spurlock presents an eternal reality; that America is growing increasingly obese, and it could lead to morbid consequences for its citizens. Thumbs WAY up.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik