What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Unfortunently I wasn't able to get online, but here I am and I watched many movies the past week.

Kill Bill Vol.2-Just kidding :P

House of Sand and Fog- 8/10:

What a depressing movie, but Ben Kingsley is the man! I hope we see more of everyone in other movies, because the performances were excellent.

Troy- 6.5/10:

A good movie that tried way to hard to become a classic. The music was repettitive and annoying and I had my share of huge armies battling each other out, that I didn't care about the war that was going on. What saved this movie was the awseome one-on-one fight scene with Hercules and Archillies. It was great. Performances were great too. Overall I enjoyed the movie, but noticed some major changes to the book.

Coming up: Shrek 2(I hope I see it)

Guest Angry Baboon

Troy- 6/10

For people that didn't know WHY Achilles acted like a huge pussy when he got shot in the ANKLE, that was possibly the worst death ever. They could have actually explained the "Didn't get his ankle dipped in the River Styx by his ol' mum so therefore he is vunerable there" before they killed him.

Rushmore- 8/10

A well-written script + good acting = an enjoyable watching experience.

Two things-

Sara Tanaka is very, very hot

The coach at Rushmore is actually the THIRD Wilson brother, Andrew.

Cheaper By The Dozen: 6.5/10

I enjoyed the flick, it was fun. Not That funny though.

Matrix Revolutions: 4/10

A Borefest.

The Skulls III

I must admit I found the first two bearable, they were nothing special but weren't particularly offensive. This one had shit acting, a shit script, and looked like something a high school student had knocked out. 1/10

Scary Movie 3:

I wasn't a big fan of the first 2. The only reason why I'd watched them is because my fiancee liked them. This one had a stronger story but to me it was just your average Leslie Neilson film.

3/10

Lost in Translation: I have something to admit, I struggle with art house movies. I realise that they are more real to life but due to spending 99% of my movie watching life watching Hollywood block-busters they come across as plodding. I know I have found a special art house movie when it doesn't plod. Unfortunately this wasn't one of them. It had an overly long set up. Once Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanson started talking however it was great. Murray IMHO deserved the Oscar for this role, he nailed it perfectly.

7/10

Runaway Jury: This movie had a great cast and was full of potential however it couldn't decide what sort of movie it wanted to be. It was a thriller with little thrills and a mystery which was easy to solve. As such whilst being an enjoyable movie it robbed its audience of any edge of the seat thrills.

4/10

Freaky Friday: Easy enough to watch, I have always had a thing for Jamie-Lee Curtis' acting. She didn't disappoint. Something I would watch again and possibly even consider picking up from the bargain bin.

6/10

Stuck On You: 7/10

The second Farrelly Brothers film I went into expecting Dumb and Dumber levels of stupidity and was pleasantly surprised at the heart the film had. It was funny and it made me care. What more can a person ask for?

Along Came Polly: 7/10

Not the funniest movie I have ever encountered, but still 100 times funnier than half the crap Ben Stiller has starred in over the last few years. Although, perhaps he should stretch and quit playing the same damn character with a different name?

Van Helsing: 5/10

When I think over the top action adventure summer popcorn flicks, I think The Mummy and The Mummy Returns for some reason. The two movies were fun, funny, and engrossing in a stupid kind of way. Stephen Sommers had the opportunity to create another movie like that. Instead, he gave us an overly campy film with horrid acting from Dracula and his brides, bad direction, and an almost non existent story. And what story there was was convoluted and illogical at best. The fact that I was bored in parts really says alot, considering that it was during action scenes that should have had me spellbound. The ONLY true saving grace for Van Helsing was the acting of Hugh Jackman, as stilted as it was in many scenes, it was obvious that at least he was TRYING to give his character some deeper meaning and purpose. Sadly he was the only one in the film who cared to even try. Some decent special effects, Hugh, a few humerous lines, and Kate Beckinsale is all that keeps this film from plunging into total and complete crap.

TGC

Edited by thegodcomplex

Stuck On You - 6/10

Enjoyable to watch, but nothing special or overly funny. Damon and Kinnear did excellent jobs, I think it was more the script/dialouge. I would reccomend it for a one time rental.

In America - 9/10

No Beatnik, I didn't cry like you, you pansy. But it was a tought provoking movie, easily an 8-9. Reccomended for rental unless you are a fan of dramas, then purchase this.

The Last Samuri - 9.5/10

I think everyone would like this film, but to love it like me, I would say one would need to know, understand, and respect the word 'Honor'. Fantastic movie, Definate must purchase.

Old School - 7.5/10

Master of Puppets scored it some points, it was pretty funny, reccomended for rental and possibly purchase.

Gigli - 4.5/10

Starts off horrible, I mean down right shooting myself is less painful horrible. Finishes ok, almost makes it to 5/10, but not quite. Reccomended for one time viewing to just see how you rank it.

Somethings Gotta Give - 7.5/10

Beginning is very funny, liked the movie. Started to get drawn out toward the end, dropping the rating a smidge, but I reccomend this for a rental, and only buy this if you are a Jack or Diane fan, or a fan of romantic comedies. Not a must have, but a should see.