What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

WAR_D34827D.jpg

Shade - 7/10

This was a cool movie. It's sort of a suspense/crime movie with cardplayers and card sharks, looking for the big scores and hustling people. Shades of Rounders & The Cincinatti Kid, both films of which were very good.

Thandie is still majorly hot. Stallone doesn't come into the picture until about the middle put played his part very well. Melanie Griffith is the same and she's in her forty's but STILL hot.

If you liked Rounders, check this movie out.

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Marzipan

7/10

Meh...better than I expected, not being a fan and all, but nothing too spectacular. The whole "back in time" sequence made so little sense that it really brought the whole movie down.

It wasn't "back in time" it was a jump in dimensions. <_<

Master and Commander: *** 1/2

3688-1-sleepers.jpg

Sleepers - 7/10

Very good movie, I hadn't seen it in awhile and I'm glad I watched it again. DeNiro played a good part and this was one of the rare movies I liked with Jason Patric in it.

Billy Madison 8.5/10 Very hilarious. Maybe Sandler's best. Maybe.

"Ms. Vaughn: How dare you make fun of somebody trying to read!

Billy: I can't hear you. I've been mentally abused in the ear."

dorm_daze.jpg

National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze - 3/10

In the beginning, there was National Lampoon's Animal House, and it was good. Then, there were the "Vacation" movies, and they were good. From there on, the National Lampoon name has been systematically destroyed by bad film after bad film, apart from the often hilarious Van Wilder, which was more about the talent in the starring role then any redeeming filmmaking qualities. With it's latest entry into the National Lampoon collection, Dorm Daze presents everything wrong with the series. Gone is the inventive humour, the provacative commentary and star building characters. The cast is utterly forgetable, featuring such D-list celebrities as the guy who pissed himself in American Pie, the girl from Boy Meets World (playing a ridiculously unnatural character), Will Smith's sister from Fresh Prince, and the sister of the girl from Roswell (who is, by the way, no Majandra Delfino). The crew is even less remarkable, featuring a who's who of people I've never heard of, don't like or plain just don't give a fuck about. As for the humour, most of these jokes are the exact same gags pulled in every National Lampoon campus comedy, including drug humour, prostitution, foreign characters and all the gross out comedy and obligatory nudity a 13 year old could ever want, coupled with an insane plot concerning terrorism/contract killing/whatever idiotic crime gag the writers didn't bother to explain in the plot. Unfortunately it's so poorly laid out that not even a child would find this funny. Thumbs down, and I hope they just have the good sense to lay National Lampoon to rest.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik

6304698739.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - **** or (8/10) - (Y)

B0000696I0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze - ***1/2 or (7/10) - (Y)

It's amazing how well these flick hold up. They are both funny and entertaining as hell.

B00005JL3K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

xXx - ** or (4/10) - (N)

It's actually better than I thought it would be...if it wasn't trying to be funny with lame tired-ass humor every 2 minutes it could've been quite the surprise.

B00008WJD6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just Married - *** or (6/10) - (Y)

poster405x600.jpg

The Last Samurai - 7.5/10

I enjoyed this movie alot. It just had me on a few levels. I definately think it could've been cut shorter but I'm glad I checked it out, I didn't think it would be this good.