What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

40 Days and 40 Nights

It was on TBS, I wasnt doing anything, so I watched it. It was just "eh", wasnt overly funny or anything. A weak movie.

5/10

Jerry Maguire (cant spell it)

An entertaining movie. I really enjoyed it.

8/10

Jackass

WOW, that movie was bad. I couldn't even watch the first 30 minutes of it. It was plain stupid. Was not funny. I had to actually force myself to watch it. I actually rank this was the worst movie I've ever seen (beating out The Blair Witch Project).

1/10

Edited by Rashid

Lord of War 7.5/10

Based on the first hour and the last bit, it would have been a very comfortable 8, but the middle drags on. Very enjoyable for the most part though, well made and well performed. Recommended.

Without A Trace season premiere. I'm a sucker for these sorts of shows, and I just really like the Jack Malone character. 9/10. Pretty good stuff.

The Black Dahlia 6/10

Urgh. Sub-par. Very average. Very forgettable. One of the longest films ever, despite the fact it only runs for two hours. Performances like the film are neither good nor bad, just 'there'. I almost lost conciousness.

Nightwatch 6.5/10

Annoying in the sense that it has a great concept, the myhology is fantastic, the storyline is great, actors are fine, but they do anything with it! The film goes on way too long and there is noting actually happening! It'd have been better suited being half an hour shorter, as it stands it drags on a lot, and it is a real shame because like I said the story is great. It drags on so much and goes nowhere in the middle, I actually had to go back and re-watch the beginning to remember just why they were doing certain things in the first place.

The ending is REALLY good as well, so its an idea of a great concept and story and plot, great mythology, a great ending to set up the rest of the proposed trilogy, but a film thats let down by an overly long running time with not a lot going on at all, and a fair few scenes that add nothing to the film and never go anywhere/are explained later.

Stephen Fry - The Secret Life Of A Manic Depressive

I've watched nothing on TV but [adult swim], Quizmania and RAW for months, so watching a proper serious documentary is something of a rarity for me. It's also the only thing in over a year that I can remember going out of my way to watch. I missed the first episode, unfortunately, but I really needed to see the second. I'm a huge fan of Stephen Fry, and I'm bipolar myself, so I was really interested in watching this.

I'm glad that I did, too. While I can imagine it dragging on to someone who doesn't have to deal with the illness, I found it fascinating, and I found myself really relating with Fry, and with one of the girls he interviewed (the one who was scared that the illness was affecting her writing, I can't remember her name).

I hate the title (I just despise the term "Manic Depression" on at least three different levels), but the program was fantastic in itself.

Children of Men 8/10

Damm good flick! Very good story. never boring, the action scenes are brilliant, the battle scene toward the end is incredible with great gritty realism. Well directed too. Its also funny as hell if you like your dark humour. It is very funny in places, with some real laugh out loud moments, and has a great 'car chase'. Never boring, doesn't drag, and on top of all this, the performances are very good. Clive Owen in particular is great. Hartily recommended.

Edited by timmayy rave

JSA - Joint Security Area - 8/10

I went into this thing expecting an action film but I was pleasantly surprised with something else. A tale of friendship akin to the situation between Romeo and Juliet concerning soldiers at the North and South Korean border. This film has some nice shots and a couple of good visuals. The acting was brilliant bar the parts between non-English people speaking English.

Probably one of the best of the dozen or so Korean films that I've seen.

Jericho - Fallout 8/10

Good followup episode and had a lot of suspense in the middle of it, I'll continue watching

Veronica Mars - Welcome Wagon 9/10

Great premiere to a great show, no matter what most of EWB says. I liked the build up of the main story arcs and the new characters.

The Simpsons - Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em 6/10

Pretty lackluster episode, a few chuckles here and there but not a whole lot, a downward step from the first 2 episodes of the season

Family Guy - Hell Comes to Quahog 7.5/10

It had it's moments like the Simpsons, there were just more of them and they were more funny. I just don't like Meg episodes that much.

V for Vendetta- ***3/4

Maybe this one will grow on me after a while, but as it stands now, it's a really, really solid movie. I thought it was just a bit slow at times, but the pacing wasn't a big problem. It was also risky, but I think it paid off. Overall good stuff.