What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I need to get around to actually watching that. In fact, there are quite a few that I actually need to watch. I'm terrible at this nowadays. :(

I feel your pain brother.

One day I'll watch Fast Six.

Sure ya will, Ticklez. Sure ya will.

It's definitely a far cry from when I would watch 2-3 a day.

To be fair, I don't feel like I've missed too much this year, as I saw most of the stuff I cared about. Elysium's really the only one I'm sure I'll watch when it comes out on DVD.

2015, though? I envy any cinema snobs that aren't interested in blockbusters, sequels and reboots. Because I'm guessing I'll spend at least £100 on cinema tickets that year.

Yeah, I didn't go to the theater much this year (Man of Steel, Pacific Rim and The World's End being the only ones) but that's probably going to change later in the year/going forward now that I'm around friends that enjoy going to movies again.

To be fair, I don't feel like I've missed too much this year, as I saw most of the stuff I cared about. Elysium's really the only one I'm sure I'll watch when it comes out on DVD.

2015, though? I envy any cinema snobs that aren't interested in blockbusters, sequels and reboots. Because I'm guessing I'll spend at least £100 on cinema tickets that year.

2015's the next big summer for me. 2013 wasn't really it as there were many big hitters but I expected most to disappoint so I never bothered with them.

2012 was a cracking year though. CRACKING.

Bear in mind I've seen fuck all from 2013 as I don't get to the cinema as much these days (75% through choice), but I doubt I would've seen anything to top either film. Hope I'm wrong, mind you.

Have you seen any of The Act of Killing, Before Midnight or A Hijaking? I think they'd all be worth your time and more. My favourites of the year so far, all three certainly better than Rush for me. But, then again, I'm not sure Rush would even make my top 10.

For what it's worth, Much Ado About Nothing, Alan Partridge and To The Wonder wouldn't be too far the three I've mentioned. Seen any of them?

Oh Jimmy, I've long since given up on trying to care about foreign releases. I do not have the time for foreign films on top of all the English language ones I actually know about and haven't checked out.

I'm looking forward to 2014 too, though. I'm a huge Marvel junkie though and Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are far and away the most interesting films on the horizon for me, just in general too, not just Marvel films.

Bear in mind I've seen fuck all from 2013 as I don't get to the cinema as much these days (75% through choice), but I doubt I would've seen anything to top either film. Hope I'm wrong, mind you.

Have you seen any of The Act of Killing, Before Midnight or A Hijaking? I think they'd all be worth your time and more. My favourites of the year so far, all three certainly better than Rush for me. But, then again, I'm not sure Rush would even make my top 10.

For what it's worth, Much Ado About Nothing, Alan Partridge and To The Wonder wouldn't be too far the three I've mentioned. Seen any of them?

As if they would show any of those films (apart from Alan Partridge) in my local soulless imitation multiplex! Partridge is probably my third favourite this year.

Want to see all those films above, except maybe To The Wonder. What I want out of cinema is completely incompatible with Terrence Malick's work.

Ah that sucks. Totally get what you mean about Malick. I'm a bit split on him; I love Badlands and To The Wonder. I like Days of Heaven, but totally didn't get the hype. And I didn't like The Thin Red Line very much. Still to see his other two. Very excited by one of his new projects though, which has like the best cast ever. Though, if you don't really like Malick, I think you'll hate To The Wonder.

It's not as big a year, but there's tons of potential for surprisingly fun hits.

You've got Aaron Eckhart with Bill Nighy and Yvonne (my love! :wub: ) in I, Frankenstein which will be either Van Helsing levels awesomely terrible, or kind of fun. The Lego Movie that looks pretty fun, more Muppets, 300 without Zack Snyder... which, not sure if that's better or worse... Angelina Jolie as Maleficent, Fast 7 & Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (wow, that's a mouthful), Expendables 3, Sin City 2, Hunger Games 3 and Hobbit 3. And all that's without counting the previously mentioned Marvel films and Spider-Man 2 and X-Men Days of Future Past!

It's very much a "Hey, that might be cool" year as opposed to 2015's "Holy shit, I'm going to need more money..."

• Like 1

Don't tally up your 2013 just yet. Wolf of Wallstreet is still coming. :D

There's actually quite a few good ones coming out later this year but that's definitely a highlight.

OH I know. This is the first December in a long time that I'm really looking forward to a good handful.