What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

True about Carol. But she is ultimately defined by the man closest to her (her father), and breaks down into "but Daddy, please, I'm your baby girl" towards the end. Because JJ Abrams is fucking shit at writing women characters.

Uhura is the ship's Communications Officer so, like Carol and the torpedo, she is simply doing her job. But even then she wasn't entirely successful at talking to the Klingons and had to be saved by Ben-E-Dict Cum-Ber-Batch. The Uhura character has been butchered by the Abrams series so far. She is now basically the Uhura who did a nude-dance in Star Trek V.

True about Carol. But she is ultimately defined by the man closest to her (her father), and breaks down into "but Daddy, please, I'm your baby girl" towards the end. Because JJ Abrams is fucking shit at writing women characters.

Uhura is the ship's Communications Officer so, like Carol and the torpedo, she is simply doing her job. But even then she wasn't entirely successful at talking to the Klingons and had to be saved by Ben-E-Dict Cum-Ber-Batch. The Uhura character has been butchered by the Abrams series so far. She is now basically the Uhura who did a nude-dance in Star Trek V.

Batch or Botch?

Batch or Botch?

If it's not Batch, then my post is a botch.

Yuck. Uhura did a nude dance in Star Trek V?!? And oh man I totally forgot about that Carol begging Robocop thing. That was cringeworthy

She was hidden behind some fans at the time. It's almost as silly as Captain Kirk giving God a good telling off.

Just thank God you didn't choose City Of Bones.

Plus, your girlfriend's son would have been super scarred from that movie.

I've heard the book is good, but the movie not so much. And we wouldn't have taken her son to see the movie.

The Percy Jackson movies are okay if you take into consideration that they're made for kids/early teenagers. I didn't mind going to see Sea of Monsters, and I watched the first movie The Lightning Thief on DVD a few days before. They're pretty good if you keep in mind you're not the target audience. But would I want to see them again or choose to watch them if there wasn't a kid involved? Nope.

This Is The End.

Fucking great. Everything I hoped it would be. The Exorcism of Jonah Hill was amazing. Honestly the only thing I'd have liked a bit more of was the cameos. The start was so much fun, I hope they do another film that involves them playing themselves in horrible situations (Well, Seth Rogen already has that down! BURN!). A zombie apocalypse version would be great.

I hope so. I also kind of love that the whole thing seems to have been designed around the idea of making Jay Baruchel some money and fame.

Which he actually didn't need that much help with. I'm sure his How to Drain Your Dragon paychecks aren't small and was already starting to make waves as a writer with Goon.

Weighing up whether or not to go see Rush. On the plus side it's Thor and friends say it's good. But I just don't know how into an F1 film I can get.

I'd say go for it, it's very, very good. There's not anything you'll need to know prior to the film. As someone who doesn't follow F1, I was actually hoping for my detail in that aspect of the film.

• Like 1

I need to get around to actually watching that. In fact, there are quite a few that I actually need to watch. I'm terrible at this nowadays. :(

I feel your pain brother.

One day I'll watch Fast Six.

Sure ya will, Ticklez. Sure ya will.