What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

So I've watched Destroy All Monsters today, although it was not the best Godzilla movie I've seen so far I did like it a lot because well, every goddamn monster untill that point is in it! I'm taking it slow but since pas June I've seen the first 9 Godzilla movies. 21 more to go!

Sort of half watching Back to the Future 2 while working from home, can still quote half the film but couldn't remember it being so sweary...

Complaining about swear words!? What are you? Chicken?

• Like 3

Recent watches - most on DVD:

Percy Jackson & The Sea of Monsters - It was a tossup between seeing this or City of Bones, but my girlfriend wanted to see a film we could take her son along to, and we weren't too sure about it. Not quite as good as the first Percy Jackson movie, but still a darn good film. Hope there's a new villain in the third film and that Luke is either really dead this time, or doesn't return until the fourth one.

Now You See Me - Not too bad, but I don't quite agree the ending sucked. They've already said that there will be a sequel, and the director and cast are already on board.

Did anyone else think that the Interpol agent was the fifth member for a portion of the movie? I figured out who it was way before the reveal, but for a bit it seemed like she could be. Morgan Freeman would have been way too obvious, so I'm glad they didn't go that route.

Olympus Has Fallen - Damn, I hope there's a sequel with Gerard Butler's character kicking more ass.

World War Z - If you accept that its a side story to the novel rather than the actual novel done as a film, its a good movie. But there are some moments from the novel that I wish had been in the film (ie, the Indian general fighting zombies that was mentioned while in Israel).

Jimmy has entered the "utter cunt about other peoples taste in movies" phase of film school, I see. Don't worry we've all been there. :P

Percy Jackson isn't that awful. It's not good but it shouldn't be unsurprising it has audience considering it got a sequel.

It's actually been a bit but I liked the new Star Trek movie. I totally get why old school type fans didnt though. Lots of action stuff which I like and they expanded Simon Pegg's role a bit which I was also a big fan of. I dont get the amazement behind Sherlock guy though (I know his name just dont want to try and spell it) I mean I like him. He was great in Sherlock but he didnt exactly blow me away in this.

Also I remember there being a controvery over the scene with blond girl in her underwear. Unless they edited it I dont see what the big deal was.

Also also it was cool seeing Robocop be a big part of the movie :P

The big deal was that her screen time is all of like 5 minutes, and a chunk of it was wasted on a gratuitous underwear shot. As a testosterone-filled male I liked it, but as a smart, and respectful person who thinks women are mistreated in Hollywood, that was fucking awful.

And Benedict Cumberbatch is easy to spell, but I still don't know the right way to pronounce it. I hear it in 2 different ways all the time.

The Three Caballeros, I have to add this song to my nomination list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCQY6hd4WW4

We're three caballeros
Three gay caballeros
They say we are birds of a feather
We're happy amigos
No matter where he goes
The one, two, and three goes
We're always together

A lot of Star Trek Into Darkness' problems can be seen through the female characters. Carol Marcus is a highly intelligent science officer reduced to a gratitious tit shot and having Daddy issues, while Uhura is now recast as the nagging woman rolling her eyes at anything Spock does. JJ Abrams must have been having a few arguments with his wife during the scriptwriting process or something.