What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Pain & Gain I freaking loved it. It's not the world's greatest movie ever made but somehow I enjoyed it greatly.

Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. If Michael Bay stuck to making movies like this, people wouldn't hate him as much. His directing style was perfect for such a crazy and messed up story.

So Lorina and I picked up GalaxyQuest at Goodwill a few months ago for about $3. I'd never seen the movie before and she'd recommended it to me, and we finally got around to watching it tonight. I was already interested in it after looking at the main cast's line-up-- Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, freaking Monk-- nevermind the fact that Rickman was wearing this ridiculous looking alien headgarb on the cover.

So! Like I said, we watched it tonight, and I definitely loved it. It's a parody of Star Trek to put it simply, but done in a style similar to Tropic Thunder-- except, you know, Sci-Fi and made in the late 90s with Tim Allen as the lead. The background cast was incredible too, Lorina and I spotted Dwight from The Office and Ted from Scrubs just to name two. There were some others that I thought I may have recognized but I'd need to go back and check IMDB. Justin Long was another random actor thrown in too. They had one heck of a random line-up.

Was a great movie though and if you've not seen it yet definitely consider giving it a watch. It's funny and memorable, doesn't take itself too seriously but isn't trying to stay funny throughout the entire thing, and the character development's actually very well handled too. Wished I'd heard of it sooner to be honest, I feel like the me back in 1999 would have liked the movie too :P

Watched Kick-Ass 2, thought it was absolutely brilliant, better than the first in my mind. Christopher Mintz-Plasse is just brilliant as are the rest of the cast. And as a 16 year old boy, worth the price of the ticket just to see Chloe Grace Moretz.

• Like 1

And as a 16 year old boy, worth the price of the ticket just to see Chloe Grace Moretz.

I like that you clarified that to avoid coming across as a paedophile. :lol:

As an eighteen year old legal adult, I'll openly admit that she is a very pretty girl.

Anyway, watched Pleasantville for the first time today and it was the bee's knees. Reese Witherspoon was very attractive in it, while also being over eighteen at the time...