What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I do think a sequel will happen, though. It hasn't opened in every foreign market yet (China, Japan and a lot of Europe are still to come) and is doing decent outside of the US that I think it'll recoup it's money and justify a sequel, albeit at a reduced budget.

Just saw The Lone Ranger. Heard about the reviews, expected a stinker. Solid M&M's movie. It's not going to win any awards for services to humanity (or any at all for that matter) but it wasn't a travesty.

Finally saw Pacific Rim and it did not disappoint. Just straight up balls to the wall awesome and fun.

Here's hoping that most of Asia and Europe pick up our slack and get this movie a sequel!

The Evil Dead remake is awful. Saw it today, and I can't believe people enjoyed it. The acting is terrible, and there isn't an ounce of suspense to be found. Instead of telling a good story, it's focused on how much blood can be splattered in ninety minutes. It's a textbook example of why most modern horror films suck.

Going to see The Conjuring Saturday.

You're wrong on pretty much every level, Evil Dead remake was fantastic.

• Like 1

The Evil Dead remake is awful. Saw it today, and I can't believe people enjoyed it. The acting is terrible, and there isn't an ounce of suspense to be found. Instead of telling a good story, it's focused on how much blood can be splattered in ninety minutes. It's a textbook example of why most modern horror films suck.

Going to see The Conjuring Saturday.

You're wrong on pretty much every level, Evil Dead remake was fantastic.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Watching a splatterfest with a bunch lame characters just isn't my idea of a good time. In fact it was probably the worst time I've had watching a movie in a while.

The Way Way Back. Or maybe it's The Way Way Down. I honestly can't remember right now.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. I wanted to like it because Jim Rash, and I actually quite enjoyed the beachtown they set up and all the characters (including CJ from The West Wing!!!)...but the main character had so little going for him that I just couldn't like this movie. Like, I felt the same way about Duncan that I feel about Bella from Twilight. They both seem really boring and uninteresting, but the people around them find them oh so interesting.

I think if Duncan didn't get kissed at the end (and didn't end up being 14) I would've been more into the movie. Like, yeah, obviously his mom likes him, and then there's the guy from the water park...it's a stretch, but that guy seems to attract misfit children so okay. But the girl? The one who started out interacting with Duncan by insulting his conversational techniques just became so damn interested in this boring individual. The manic pixie dream girl who is soooooo different because she reads on the beach? I totally bought that she didn't want to kiss Duncan -- they were bonding over daddy issues, not flirting. But then the end happened. Everyone (but evil Steve Carrell and his evil daughter) love Duncan all the time, sometimes so much that it surprises them!

But seriously, I enjoyed the acting in this movie. I'd like to revisit the beach town...just leave Duncan at home next time.

Finally saw Pacific Rim last night. Yeah, it was pretty god damn entertaining. I love Charlie Hunnam getting ridiculous lines, having a complete mess of an accent, and laughed hard at the fact that he implemented his Jax bro-strut to his character.

Matchstick Men

Guys, remember what I said about Cage? If this guy has some other movies with performances like this, please tell me which ones. I liked the story and especially the scenes with Nicolas Cage and Alison Lohman. Great performances by both. I suspected something as soon as he laid in the bed but never saw the real ending coming.

I haven't trusted you guys with anything since all of the praise for Cabin in the Woods

It's giant robots vs. extradimensional monsters. The script is terrible, all the actors are horrible (except Idris Elba), the fights are awesome and it's giant robots vs. extradimensional monsters. It's not a deep movie.
  • Like 1

I haven't trusted you guys with anything since all of the praise for Cabin in the Woods

It's giant robots vs. extradimensional monsters. The script is terrible, all the actors are horrible (except Idris Elba), the fights are awesome and it's giant robots vs. extradimensional monsters. It's not a deep movie.

All of this. And I even knew all of that going in and it was still awesome.