What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Don't watch Pacific Rim, it'll ruin everything else for you. So much fucking fun.

Everything about that film is exactly what a film about mechs vs. monsters should be. So wonderful, I loved it. Charlie Day steals the show, totally. Also stick around for the first set of credits for an awesome mini-scene before the long ass credits.

So much this. I thought it would just be all out action but it surprised me with a good plot and narrative. Plus, Kurrgan from the Truth Commission is in it!

The Sting - I've watched it just now and woooow, can't desribe it but just listen to the soundtrack and you know this movie is just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mSAAzwtv8

Llivid thanks for putting this one in your 5 movies for the EWB film watch-a-long.

• Like 1

New Jack City - It was meh okay, great qoute though: I want to shoot you so bad, my dick's hard.

Also I've watched Mothra vs. Godzilla I liked it better than the previous one and for once the human arc in this movie was decent to not so bad.

The Sting - I've watched it just now and woooow, can't desribe it but just listen to the soundtrack and you know this movie is just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mSAAzwtv8

Llivid thanks for putting this one in your 5 movies for the EWB film watch-a-long.

Man, I could listen to this all day. Ragtime music is gorgeous. I need to go find out why they call it that, actually.

Oh my fuck, Pacific Rim. So good.

So, so good.

I really hate some of the reviews. "If you were expecting character driven drama, this isn't the film for you."

What fucking trailer did you watch that had you expecting character driven drama?

• Like 1

Not really, no.

Like, except the bit in the trailer when Idris Elba shouts 'WE ARE CANCELLING THE APOCALYPSE', because that bit's fucking cool.

But other than Pans Labyrinth, I'm not sure what Del Toro's done to earn his reputation. Both Hellboy's are decent, but it really wasn't enough to do it for me. I've been getting a little more excited, but yeah, good endorsements from people are definitely getting me there.

My point had less to do with Guillermo del Toro himself and more about the fact that it's giant robots fighting giant monsters; what's not to love?

Though I also personally love the Hellboy movies so it being a GDT movie helped my excitement.