What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I re-watched Dirty Work and Dogma to see how I view them with different eyes, and there was kind of a strange variation in the two. I like Dirty Work as much as I always have, even though it gets pretty cringe-worthy in stretches. But Dogma was harder to watch now, to be honest.

I forgot how truly dumb the shit demon scene is. I think I watched the TV version, so that part was chopped outright. But god, is that scene just a ball of stupid for being a one-note joke that isn't really particularly worth anything in the film. Also, Linda Fiorentino really did not want to be there, and it shows.

So, I just watched Orca: The Killer Whale and I must say I was quite suprised. I enjoyed it a lot. It was nice to see a young Professor Dumbledore (That's what it's spelled like hopefully). He did not know how to use magic yet though.

Antichrist Wtf did I just watch? I get it but some images are still in my head.

Antichrist is a great film.

Yeah, I'm a fan. I really should get round to watching more Von Trier (I've only seen that & The Five Obstructions), but you definitely have to be in a certain mood. But I like Antichrist a lot. I'm not sure like is the right word anyway, but it's an experience and the cinematography is beautiful.

Just been to see The Conjuring. I really, really enjoyed it. It might have been the avoidance of digital effects (I'll take someone in prosthetic's over that any day) but it was just exactly what I want from a horror film. Sympathetic characters, dynamics, no reliance on jump scares etc. Probably the best mainstream horror film since the early Paranormal Activity's.

Minor Spoiler/Question to someone who has seen it:

Is it ever revealed or hinted at what Lorraine saw that 'took a big piece of her?' I thought they'd come back to it but never did, did they?

Edited by ZJ Penn

Antichrist is a great film.

Yeah, I'm a fan. I really should get round to watching more Von Trier (I've only seen that & The Five Obstructions), but you definitely have to be in a certain mood. But I like Antichrist a lot. I'm not sure like is the right word anyway, but it's an experience and the cinematography is beautiful.

Fucking, find some way to watch The Kingdom. The original Danish version, that is, not the American remake. Also watch The Idiots.

Also, I watched The Wolverine. That sure was a perfectly alright action movie.