What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I don't know, I found it pretty damn campy.

It's got a comic book sensibility, especially in the misjudged brutality, but there's no irony beyond: 'heh, we're making a film called Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters'. I can only think Adam McKay and Will Ferrell produced the thing based on the title alone.

'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' has the same problem, except that has an impressive final action sequence going for it.

You guys hate fun don't you?

It's not fun, that's the problem. A film called Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters shouldn't have the same amount of jokes as a Christopher Nolan film.

EDIT: Film title AND film concept. The idea is silly, yet the film is presented as SERIOUS BUSINESS.

• Like 1

I feel kinda bad for Johnny Depp. He just can't find his groove lately. He needs to try and play a character that isn't over the top and therefore results in Jack Sparrow comparisons. Or just be in better films.

Couldn't disagree more. Depp made Ed Wood under Burton, which is, in my opinion, the best film both of 'em have worked on. Depp's magnificent in it (if not overshadowed by Landau) and Burton fits the material superbly. That's not to say they haven't done some very average stuff together, but I can forgive it all for Ed Wood.

Just got home from my night shift watched 3 movies that well, I could've chosen better movies to watch:

21 - To predictable. Only great thing is Kevin Spacey.

Evil Dead (2013) - My Expectations were way too high.

Olympus has fallen - Well, booooring.

Hopefully tonight I can watch some better movies.

It's not fun, that's the problem. A film called Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters shouldn't have the same amount of jokes as a Christopher Nolan film.

EDIT: Film title AND film concept. The idea is silly, yet the film is presented as SERIOUS BUSINESS.

This. The same thing applies to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I came in expecting something fun, and instead I got a super cereal movie.

I don't know, I didn't think that they were presenting it as serious business at all. I think that it was a little hard to discern with Renner sometimes but for the most part, it didn't come across as serious you're implying.

Just got home from my night shift watched 3 movies that well, I could've chosen better movies to watch:

21 - To predictable. Only great thing is Kevin Spacey.

Evil Dead (2013) - My Expectations were way too high.

Olympus has fallen - Well, booooring.

Hopefully tonight I can watch some better movies.

You didn't find Olympus Has Fallen to be hilarious? Because I did.

I am really lucky that we have an arts cinema. They're showing a bunch of great stuff this month, including Before Midnight, Wadjda and Abbas Kiarostami's new film. Also, they're showing Aguirre, Wrath of God. It's weird having to pay for the cinema (because I have a cineworld unlimited card) but it's so worth it when they keep showing good films.

Sorry GA. :(