What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Even though price is no longer an issue as I can now see both 2D and 3D films for free with my Cineworld Unlimited card, I still avoid 3D screenings whenever it can be helped.

Because...you know...

3D sucks.

• Like 1

Even though price is no longer an issue as I can now see both 2D and 3D films for free with my Cineworld Unlimited card, I still avoid 3D screenings whenever it can be helped.

Because...you know...

3D sucks.

This.

But Hugo was well worth seeing in 3D. Maybe a Christmas Carol. Otherwise, I'm struggling to think of anything that I've liked in 3D. Oh, actually, Life of Pi was pretty cool in 3D, too.

Despite my general indifference towards it as a film overall, Avatar did use 3D quite well. That's really the only instance I can recall where the 3D actually helped my movie going experience instead of either adding nothing to it or distracting me from the film itself.

I've expressed my loathing of 3D here before. It's absolutely ridiculous and it's hurting 2D movies, yet the uninformed don't even know it is. Sigh.

Yeah, my screening of WWZ was in 3D. Yeah it didn't make a god damn difference. Welcome to the world of extortion.

The Mask, I liked the Cable Guy more.

I respect your opinion, but that statement is wrong on so many levels.

It's not that I didn't like the Mask but I laughed more while watching the Cable Guy. In other news;

Gamera vs. Barugon, well I know they have men in suits for these movies but Barugon is supposed to walk all 4 of his legs, so I wonder why is he crawling? :mellow: Although he is terrifying. Everything he touches freezes instantly and HE SHOOTS DEADLY RAINBOWS OUT OF HIS BACK and he did own Gamera.

I watched The Purge.

It was alright. I felt it could've been so much better though. I liked the sound of the movie, and as unlikely something like this is, they tried to make you believe it had to happen.

I agree that it seemed very present day, though.

I went to a screening of the Lone Ranger tonight. I'd say it was disappointing but given its pedigree, I had no real expectations for it. It made me chuckle in a few bits as it's almost like watching Dudley Do-Right in live action, but a lot of it falls flat and makes the movie feel weird. It's also waaaaaay too long.

Just watched Appaloosa for the first time since I saw it when it first came out. Holy shit, that movie is so fucking good. Ed Harris really needs to direct more.

Also, this has me acquiring A History Of Violence right now. Viggo is really a terrific actor.

Just watched Appaloosa for the first time since I saw it when it first came out. Holy shit, that movie is so fucking good. Ed Harris really needs to direct more.

Also, this has me acquiring A History Of Violence right now. Viggo is really a terrific actor.

Really? I remember that film just being painfully average.

History of Violence is great, though.

World War Z is average as fuck.

The zombies are well done but the zombie tower shit is dumb. Their general movement is done well as though.

It took super good at his job Brad Pitt far too long to figure out what he needed to.

It felt jumpy and didn't flow well at all.

Little Mexican kid is pointless. As was Matthew Fox.