What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Anyone here seen King Kong? And I mean the original? From 1933?

I want to share the awesomeness that is this movie. The brutality in it. The awesome stop-motion animations. The epic ending. ANYONE???

I watched it in my high school film class like 4 years ago. I slept through most of it, as did everyone else. That's not so much a knock on the movie as it was that boring class.

Watches World War Z last night, loved it. Keep in mind I haven't read the book.

I don't like running zombies in games, but worked well here. Liked that it wasn't so much a traditional zombie movie and more an action movie that had zombies in it. Some great visuals and epic scenes throughout.

Brad Pitt's acting was tops stuff, as you'd expect. My only gripe was that the ending scene/epilogue bit just screamed LOOK EVERYONE WE MIGHT MAKE A SEQUEL

Very enjoyable though.

Watched Gamera yeah, I am going to watch some more Gamera films and I know they are cheesy so it's the way I look at it and I enjoyed it a little. Gamera is a great monster though, what not to like about a flying, fire breathing, big Turtle?

I'm shocked, but I enjoyed World War Z. I think LL was spot on in its appraisal of the zombies. There is nothing badass about this zombie apocalypse and those zombies are terrifying. I thought the first forty minutes were really strong, the film did well to establish the kind of chaos and outbreak that comes with this kind of thing. I like Brad Pitt. He's the man. It's not perfect, this film was never gonna be perfect, but I thought it was going to be pretty shite and I came out engaged, entertained and turning a blind eye to some plot holes and all that. It was fun.

I went to see World War Z!

I'm not sure what to say other than 'Yeah, it was pretty good.' outside of picking on some of the very nice visuals (such as the whole wall thing) or the whole 'Let's go here! Oh shit, that was a bust. Ok, now let's go here instead! Fuck, that was a bust too.' Seeing Peter Capaldi pop up though made me wonder just how much mash up has been made now or will be made with spliced in footage/audio of The Thick of It. :shifty:

I will rant a little on the 3D though. Outside of having to pay £10 to get in (I am a cheap fucker so I'm really glad I had gift vouchers to use), I can only guess that if there's a movie out there to really show to someone what 3D is all about, this isn't it. It was my first time seeing a movie in 3D and I didn't really see the point in it. It just felt like I was watching a regular movie except for the fact that every now and then, something would seem visually off. That and I was pretty much aware the entire time that I had these fucking things resting on my nose and digging into the side of my head. Plus, movie studios spend however many hundreds of thousands or indeed millions on shooting this stuff, adjusting the lighting, editing in the graphic effects etc etc but now I'm watching through some glasses that just mute everything and make it greyer. Maybe that was just the glasses I had though, I don't know.

The last time I paid for 3D was for The Avengers and even that left me unsatisfied. If a movie is offering 3D, I usually try to do my research and see if it's worth it, and nine times out of ten, it isn't.