What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Just finished Before Sunset. To sum up my letteboxd review, I just loved it. Like, I really, really enjoyed Before Sunrise. But the sequel just worked for me from start to finish and it makes me hugely passionate about cinema because I've never seen romance portrayed this well on-screen. A beautiful film.

Just finished Before Sunset. To sum up my letteboxd review, I just loved it. Like, I really, really enjoyed Before Sunrise. But the sequel just worked for me from start to finish and it makes me hugely passionate about cinema because I've never seen romance portrayed this well on-screen. A beautiful film.

Before Midnight is doing the festival circuit right now.

Just got back from a special screening This is the End. Very, very funny movie. So funny that you actually feel a bit tired by the end of it. You can tell these guys just had a genuinely good time making this. The crowd ate it up as well, especially the ending.

Also watched Hesher on tv last night. JGL was excellent and the acting all around was quite good. It's hardly a laugh riot, but there are a few really good laugh out loud moments. Still, it just kinda fell flat for me overall. Decent enough movie, though.

Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Enjoyable little romp.

I saw it when it first came out and wasn't impressed. The movie should have been a little more comedic. It was just so serious about something so absurd.

I watched one of my favourite episodes of Father Ted last night. The Annual All Priests 5-a-side Over 75 football one.

"Oh God. Fathrer Jacks drank an entire bottle of Dreamy Sleepy Nighty Snoozey Snooze!"

Watched Star Trek Into Darkness last night. It was alright, good action-adventure film with some nice effects and good actors, but pretty mediocre writing. Nowhere near what I personally want from the Star Trek franchise, but it's still a good popcorn flick that I'm sure will please the masses.

Been on a bit of a Sean Lock kick. His special Lockepedia is absolutely phenomenal, stand-up fans should definitely check it out. Wanted to download the Big Fat Quiz that he's on but downloaded the wrong one at first, where Richard Ayoade and Noel Fielding are on a team. Richard's poker face is incredible.