What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watched 3 movies over 2 days:

Sabotage - Damn good Ahnuld movie, with the main guy from Avatar, Alcide from True Blood, Sawyer and Michael from Lost, and Herc from Pacific Rim in it. Not my favorite movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger than I've watched this year (that would be The Last Stand - though its better than Escape Plan), but its a damned good movie. Has a nice twist during part of it, but the ending didn't surprise me that much once the twist happened.

Rage - Nicolas Cage movie that I recommend avoiding. Think rip-off of Taken, except the father is an ex-mobster who calls in two friends to help, and though there's an interesting twist (that I saw coming a mile away, actually), the ending is pretty shit.

Draft Day - Not Kevin Costner's finest film, and while the plot may sound boring (GM of the Cleveland Browns offered the #1 pick in the draft by the Seattle Seahawks GM in exchange for a deal that could cripple the Browns if it doesn't work out, and trying to decide what to do after making the deal), its actually pretty good despite being slow in a couple of spots. Plus, the team's head coach = Denis Leary!

I don't generally give ratings, but avoid Rage unless you're a major Nicolas Cage fan whose goal is to see every fucking thing he's done. The other two I do recommend. We had Sabotage in our Netflix DVD queue, but its been listed as `very long wait' since it came out on there, so we said screw it and rented it and Rage from Redbox. Draft Day came from Netflix.

*edit* Forgot to mention, but in some countries Rage is called Tokarev instead. Either way, it sucks.

Edited by GhostMachine

Oh, yeah. Rage/Tokarev blows. One major thing wrong with it, besides being a Taken ripoff of sorts:

As soon as it was shown that the Russians had no clue what had happened regarding the robbery and murder of the bag man and had nothing to do with Cage's daughter being kidnapped and murdered, I knew exactly what happened. Yawned as they showed the explanation.

Other problem: Cage letting himself be killed. I understand he did it to protect his wife (figuring they'd leave her alone after he was dead), but it was still a crap ending.

I know it was 1961, but who thought getting Mickey Rooney to play a cringeworthy Japanese stereotype in Breakfast at Tiffany's was a good idea? Christ.

Good film otherwise, though.

When did Short Circuit 2 come out? 1961 is fair game.

The Guest is brilliant and I can imagine a lot of people on here really digging it.

I've been helping my girlfriend with a grass roots campaign for its screening here tomorrow, but can't make it to the screening itself. :(

The Signal (2014)

Man, this absolutely sucked. It looks fucking beautiful, though, so that's about the best thing I can say about it.

I really wish it had a second and third act. I was totally getting ready to get into the story, and then the movie ended.

The Signal (2014)

Man, this absolutely sucked. It looks fucking beautiful, though, so that's about the best thing I can say about it.

I really wish it had a second and third act. I was totally getting ready to get into the story, and then the movie ended.

Question about it, even though it doesn't really matter:

Were the townspeople in the bar and James and the crazy old lady real, were they like aliens or AI gone wrong or were they an illusion all for Nick?

The Signal (2014)

Question about it, even though it doesn't really matter:

Were the townspeople in the bar and James and the crazy old lady real, were they like aliens or AI gone wrong or were they an illusion all for Nick?

Well, it's now been a few months since I saw it, but if I remember correctly, I was thinking they were all just aliens/AI that they were using in order to test others like Nick. I'd have to watch it again to be sure, though.